Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Thread: Lock him up!

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    You told me I was "totally uniformed to the world"; I don't wear a uniform
    The reason I don't have discussions with dogs is that they just keep barking as if they're intelligible.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    The reason I don't have discussions with dogs is that they just keep barking as if they're intelligible.
    They may as well be.

¯\_[[ツ)_/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post

We all know former President Trump will not be convicted of the impeachment charge. No one ever has. It's purely a political process. But how about any future civil or criminal charges ? Would the evidence as presented by the House Managers be enough to convince a jury or judge[[s) of at least partial responsibility on his part ? Would an injured law enforcement officer or relatives of a dead one have a case ? Would the presentation of such a case cause former President Trump to claim the exact constitutional opposite of what his defense team did for the impeachment ?.....That he was a sitting President at the time, thus making him immune to any civil or criminal prosecution ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bong-Man View Post
    We all know former President Trump will not be convicted of the impeachment charge. No one ever has. It's purely a political process. But how about any future civil or criminal charges ? Would the evidence as presented by the House Managers be enough to convince a jury or judge[[s) of at least partial responsibility on his part ? Would an injured law enforcement officer or relatives of a dead one have a case ? Would the presentation of such a case cause former President Trump to claim the exact constitutional opposite of what his defense team did for the impeachment ?.....That he was a sitting President at the time, thus making him immune to any civil or criminal prosecution ?
    Those are fair questions. Maybe other former presidents can be tried for lying and conducting executive ordered wars and acts of war without declarations of war by Congress.