Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Page 45 of 52 FirstFirst ... 35 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,125 of 1287

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    8 people out of a thousand, yeah I would say that's "not heavily utilized". You are aware the area hospitals are not only empty, employees are layed off, if not permanently terminated. Taxpayers have already propped up airlines, water shutoffs, tuition, rent payments, are we supposed to prop up the TCF center too? The smartest thing Duggan did was put an end to that. What do you think it costs to lease the TCF center? As far as leadership, "go lock yourself in a closet and you'll be fine". Brilliant! There's no cash flow, no income coming in.
    Yeah I don't know why hospitals have closed down 90% of each clinic. I belong to Beaumont for my health care needs, and their clinic is at minimum staff with just a few doctors. I've had an angry [[infected) cyst on the back of my neck that should have been removed since March... but they don't have time because it is "elective" surgery. They put me on antibiotics for a month, and my stomach finally said ENOUGH!!... so now I am waiting until the doctors and surgeons go back to their practices, in order for me to get outpatient surgery... I won't go to the emergency room for obvious reasons, and having it done at a hospital will cost me 10 times what it will cost [[deductibles) at a doctors office.

When the doctors do go back to their clinics/offices... they first must undergo a 2 week quarantine....
    Last edited by Gistok; May-14-20 at 06:38 PM.

[QUOTE=aj3647;592597]The guy with the lynched Whitmer doll at today's Re-Open protest is James Chapman of Belleville...and he's running for a seat in the Michigan Legislature as a Republican. He's also a convicted felon with a history of violence.

And if Obummer told you to wear a mask and stick your head in a meat grinder your would jump to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    Yeah I don't know why hospitals have closed down 90% of each clinic. I belong to Beaumont for my health care needs, and their clinic is at minimum staff with just a few doctors. I've had an angry [[infected) cyst on the back of my neck that should have been removed since March... but they don't have time because it is "elective" surgery. They put me on antibiotics for a month, and my stomach finally said ENOUGH!!... so now I am waiting until the doctors and surgeons go back to their practices, in order for me to get outpatient surgery... I won't go to the emergency room for obvious reasons, and having it done at a hospital will cost me 10 times what it will cost [[deductibles) at a doctors office.

When the doctors do go back to their clinics/offices... they first must undergo a 2 week quarantine....

I know 2 senior anesthesiologists that were laid off [[luckily not terminated) sitting @ home, collecting unemployment. The thing that gets me, is reading all the stories about how the staff was left unprotected @ the start of the virus. I mean, come on, hospitals are supposed to be the first line of defense, and they're making money. How can they not be prepared? They're hoarding masks and equipment "just in case"? Unacceptable. Can you imagine the US under attack, and the military has to stop @ Dick's Sporting Goods first to buy bullets? smh...

As the media repeatedly tries to turn a handful of protesters into a national story they're barely even covering something that IMO is far more appalling. That's the 1.1 million dollars PER MONTH in rent taxpayers are paying to the privately owned Suburban Showplace in Novi.

This facility contains 250 beds [[It was supposed to 1000) and is currently treating just 6 patients. According to Freep.com the lease is going to continue for the next 6 months for a total approaching 7 million dollars in rent alone.

While nearby schools and other publicly owned buildings sit empty and unused I have to question why an agreement like this was ever made in the first place? Also, why would the publicly owned [[And also underutilized) TCF facility be closed while this lease continues? Something about this deal just stinks.

https://www.freep.com/story/news/loc...vi/5181765002/

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Can you imagine the US under attack, and the military has to stop @ Dick's Sporting Goods first to buy bullets? smh...
    That would probably be a problem. Dick's no longer carries rounds like the 5.56 / .223. They don't trust their customers to handle things that might fit in those scary looking black rifles.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnny5 View Post
    As the media repeatedly tries to turn a handful of protesters into a national story they're barely even covering something that IMO is far more appalling. That's the 1.1 million dollars PER MONTH in rent taxpayers are paying to the privately owned Suburban Showplace in Novi.

This facility contains 250 beds [[It was supposed to 1000) and is currently treating just 6 patients. According to Freep.com the lease is going to continue for the next 6 months for a total approaching 7 million dollars in rent alone.

While nearby schools and other publicly owned buildings sit empty and unused I have to question why an agreement like this was ever made in the first place? Also, why would the publicly owned [[And also underutilized) TCF facility be closed while this lease continues? Something about this deal just stinks.

https://www.freep.com/story/news/loc...vi/5181765002/

Welcome back Johnnny5. And you're right. Something about the way all this was handled doesn't smell right. One things for sure, it was an eye opener.

I'm surprised you weren't able to be seen. Both my doctor and dentist were available if need be. I had to see my dentist a month ago, hubby went in for a biopsy two weeks ago and I'm going to another appt. on Monday....all with precautions.
    Last edited by Maof; May-14-20 at 08:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheels View Post

And if Obummer told you to wear a mask and stick your head in a meat grinder your would jump to it.
    That's the type of quality response I would expect from you to a factual post about a violent Right Wing criminal making death threats against our governor. Excellent addition to the discourse!

Thankfully Obama never suggested to his supporters that they might want to look into things like, oh I don't know, injecting themselves with disinfectant.

That would probably be a problem. Dick's no longer carries rounds like the 5.56 / .223. They don't trust their customers to handle things that might fit in those scary looking black rifles.
    I guess how “scary” something is could depend on if one is having chunks of human beings getting blown off of the people around them and seeing them bleed to death quickly.

These people found it pretty scary. Maybe Dick’s doesn’t want their stores associated in any way possible with this shit. Could be bad for business if they were involved in the next one. Just a wild guess.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6fE2JkvVoo

I’m not sure they carry handgun ammunition anymore either.

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    I’m not sure they carry handgun ammunition anymore either.
    After they became socially woke,the hunting and fishing crowd dumped them and they became an overpriced made in China clothing store.

The last time I went through the one by me as a short cut to the mall,there were 3 shoppers in the entire store.

“At the time, Dick’s paradoxically predicted that although the move could hurt sales, it would also draw more shoppers to its stores.”

It did not work and they closed 35 locations shortly afterwards due to plummeting sales.

Costing jobs.

Seems like the woke crowd is not really into supporting goods stores.

Bass pro shops enjoys the extra business most likely.

Same thing happened with K-Mart years ago when they went the pandering route.

That is the difference,we do not run out in the street burning buildings down or wear woman parts on our heads or even cry in social media,we just simply spend our money elsewhere,it appears to have an impact.

Guy reopened his ice cream store but people came in just to harass his employees for opening during the corona virus,so he shut it back down.

That is the new weapon of choice for some,the whole public shaming thing,reminds me of when my daughter was 4 and tried the whole temper tantrum show in a grocery store.
    Last edited by Richard; May-14-20 at 10:31 PM.

Michigan Man charged with making credible death threats against Michigan Governor Gretchen Whitmer, AG Dana Nessel.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/ma...ral-2020-05-15

32-year old Robert Tesh. He's super easy to find on Facebook if you care to learn more about him. He "likes" Donald J Trump, Breitbart, and "Recall Gretchen Whitmer" and he's a believer in the Pizzagate conspiracy theory.

He seems to be from the Detroit area, so I wonder what his DYes user name is...

Michigan 50,500+ coronavirus cases - death toll reaches 4,880

From article:

Statewide, the average age of coronavirus deaths is 75.3 years old. The state median age of those deceased as of Saturday is 77. The age range of those who have died due to the virus is 5 to 107, according to state data.

Michiganders in the 80-plus age range account for 11% of cases but make up 42% of deaths. Following that age range come those in the 70 to 79 range, who comprise 27% of deaths.

Among the confirmed cases, 53% are female, 46% are male and 1% are unknown. Men account for 53% of the deaths.

By race, African Americans — who count for 14% of the state's population — represent 32% of the state's confirmed cases and 40% of deaths. Caucasians account for 36% of the cases and 50% of deaths. Those of unknown race account for 17% of the cases and 5% of deaths.
    Last edited by Zacha341; May-16-20 at 06:26 PM.

Last edited by Zacha341; May-17-20 at 07:45 AM.

Residents of Detroit can get free testing today...

The time frame for this is expanding as they announced the availability again today. Contact DABO for more information: 313.491.0003
    Last edited by Zacha341; May-17-20 at 07:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maof View Post
    I'm surprised you weren't able to be seen. Both my doctor and dentist were available if need be. I had to see my dentist a month ago, hubby went in for a biopsy two weeks ago and I'm going to another appt. on Monday....all with precautions.
    Oh I go to the clinic weekly where a doctor checks out my cyst area, and at one point put me back on anti-biotics for another week... but the surgeon who is supposed to do the work is busy at Beaumont Grosse Pointe, and won't do the surgery in his office [[which will be way cheaper in co-pays for me than getting it done at their hospital), until at least July or August.

And the good thing for me is that beyond the first visit to the clinic to first have my angry cyst checked out... all other weekly visits have been free for me... since it is not my fault that it's not getting surgically removed.

Michigan Reports Less Than Dozen Daily COVID-19 Deaths For First Time In Nearly Two Months

Detroit reported zero new deaths

https://wwjnewsradio.radio.com/artic...9-daily-deaths

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Thanks for giving us all an update on the angry, infected, puss-filled cyst festering on your neck

We really care about your health and find it extremely interesting that you go to Beaumont for your health care needs..
    Do you need, like, a cookie or something?
    Calm down

^^^ LOL! He or she does seem to be off to a grand start @ Post #2!

^^^ Uh, I think I'll pass. Too rough out the gate for me ......

So I guess this means that I’m immune and don’t have to wear a mask and gloves because as you can see in the picture below, I’ve had the Corona sickness before!

Name:  corona2 [[2).jpg
Views: 404
Size:  114.6 KB

Well now that the distraction is gone.... I came across a very interesting article that shows the divide in opening our economy too quickly... divided between urban Americans who have been most impacted by COVID-19 deaths, and rural Americans that have been hardly impacted by the virus, but have had to deal with the lockdown ramifications.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/19/polit...tes/index.html

This article was very insightful... and between now and the November elections we will see a continuation of the tug of war [[along party lines) on how quickly we get the economy going again.

As we've been reminded... this should not turn into a political slugfest in discussions...

Well now that the distraction is gone.... I came across a very interesting article that shows the divide in opening our economy too quickly... divided between urban Americans who have been most impacted by COVID-19 deaths, and rural Americans that have been hardly impacted by the virus, but have had to deal with the lockdown ramifications.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/19/polit...tes/index.html

This article was very insightful... and between now and the November elections we will see a continuation of the tug of war [[along party lines) on how quickly we get the economy going again.

As we've been reminded... this should not turn into a political slugfest in discussions...
    I guess we'll see how well this holds up after a Memorial Day weekend of the north country being "opened", even though downstaters have been requested to not go charging up north.

Quote Originally Posted by aj3647 View Post
    Michigan Man charged with making credible death threats against Michigan Governor Gretchen Whitmer, AG Dana Nessel.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/ma...ral-2020-05-15

32-year old Robert Tesh. He's super easy to find on Facebook if you care to learn more about him. He "likes" Donald J Trump, Breitbart, and "Recall Gretchen Whitmer" and he's a believer in the Pizzagate conspiracy theory.

He seems to be from the Detroit area, so I wonder what his DYes user name is...

Another Mid-Town resident upset his favorite kraft beer bar is on lockdown.

Page 45 of 52 FirstFirst ... 35 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ... LastLast