Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Page 153 of 432 FirstFirst ... 53 103 143 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 163 203 253 ... LastLast
Results 3,801 to 3,825 of 10776

Thread: Garwood Mansion

IT'S VERONICA!!

Hey BushMark......that means Betty is available for your
    "pub crawl".

OG........what's the story on those structures in the lake? Where is that place? Are they privately owned? Rentable? Double duty [[duck blind)? Drug transfer point? Mens' Stag AA meeting location?

Archie is a shmuck.....bets are on that it wont last, and he comes crawling to Betty...and she blows him off, and the saga continues....Jug head of course will move in on Veronica and Moose gets caught noodling his pole in an ice shanty with the old lady school teacher......any bets

sugar da da da da da da ...honey honey ...you are my candy girl and.........SOMEBODY STOP ME ! ! !

Well, now we know what Gash's daytime TV menu is.

Good Mornin' Ya'll, 6:00A.M. and all is well. Does every one on the internet know already that Willie Nelson is doing a "secret" free concert on Maui Tuesday? Hope your there RockinRona. Well yesterday turned out to be a real trip. After ingesting home insulation while laying under my deck crawl space and being injected with spider venom, I ambled into the Mountain Music Festival by pure happenstance. My friends the songwriters were performing there along with another dude who was doing Pete Seegers' song book. Manitou was in full bloom and the Manitoids were in full steller overdrive. My friends reminded me of the 1st time I heard C,S,N,&Y live at Big Sur 40 years ago. Look out people, I believe that a brand new super group is about to happen. What a gas. Has anybody noticed all the hype of the Woodstock 40th anniverary? Which is also a gas. To see some pictures of old friends naked in the rain. Oldguy, I know your good, which doesn't make any sense either. Peace and Love to all! P.S. I had a full length technicolor dream last night and all ya'll were in it. Once I get it edited, I,ll post it.
    Last edited by Candy man; August-22-09 at 08:01 AM. Reason: grammer

Happy Birthday, First Lady! Hope it's a good one!

Well 1stlady....a BIG HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you......seems like a few really great, wonderful, fantastic, awesome....etc....GWers have August birthdays.....and I hope you have a wonderful day and celebrate GW style......and don't forget to continue to Do Good Things.....

Luvs y'all

Warren Leary Jr.
    R.I.P

Happy b-day First Lady, the garden pics of the folks who grow flowers and food are nice. Yes I got a good good fix on Pappa John Creech electric violin with Hot Tuna, they played up in the Santa Cruz Mountains alot with Doobie Brothers, the Willie Nelson thing going on alot here Candy he is a slient partner in a place called Charlies, Hope to see him soon. Tue I will fly to bc Canada for a wedding Ken's niece back at the end of the month 8-31.Thank you Ruth for the D VD of Stonefront and friends playing at the reunion great surprise Mahalo Rona

Happy Birthday Firstlady

I'm not sure where those are Larry. Somewhere in Europe I believe. Couldn't get the specifics on them. They're built for single living. I was doing research for an article about tiny houses and found some nice stuff. I'm sold on the concept of less is better.
    Attachment 2806

Attachment 2807

Attachment 2808

CSN&Y in Big Sur. Now that sounds nice.
    Happy Birthday 1st Lady.
    I'm picking about 4 - 5 pounds of tomatoes a day now. I'm reaching tomato nirvana.
    Last edited by old guy; September-11-09 at 06:10 PM.

OG......thanks for the info on those structures. I love the concept: quiet neighborhood, little or no crime, no gangs, lots of fresh air, and best of all.........you don't have to mow the lawn! That's the part I like about living on sailboats.

Did you know Warren Leary Jr.? He ran a small weekly paper up in Rice Lake. Wisconsin Newspaper Ass. Hall of Famer. Saw the obit in yesterday's Long Beach Press Telegram.

I've always wanted to live in a tree house [[at least try it for a while anyway). But those are some great small house pics! When I lived at 726 Bethune Street in Detroit [[Merryman and Gleeman knew it well) in the early 70's, which was in an older tree-y circa 1910 neighborhood--which David and Roselyn took over around 1974 [[in a very lifestyle-creative way) -- sometimes when I was in an altered state my perception would switch [[Nekker cubelike) and the trees and plants outside the window would become the figure and the bricks, cement, and wood would become the background. At those times I felt [[especially if I was on the second floor) that I was actually living in a Michigan forest which had been overlaid, but was still there - with trees, grass, shrubs, birds, cats, dogs, squirrels, racoons and all that were living underground. It was a neat feeling like being in on an old secret, but, alas, I don't get as high as I used to. Thanks drummer 21 for watching the vid. Actually I'm a bit high right now though.

DK....NO SHI*................Me too....Life is good....and the woods outside my window are realll.....OH OH ....I think Gleeman just flew by my window on a majic carpet, playin a Les Paul.......I Think I'll join him.......See ya..........GDGT

Stnfrnt must be too - isn't he always?

huh??? wha???

Hi DKBradley,

The house at 726 W BETHUNE ST is for sale for
    $229,000

5 Bedrooms
    3 Full Baths 2 Half Baths
    3448 Est. Sq. Ft.

Listing #: 29006504

Property Description RESTORED THREE STORY HISTORICAL HOME. UNBELIEVABLE WOODWORK AND CRAFTSMANSHIP THROUGHOUT, FRENCH DOOR LEADING TO DINING ROOM, MASTER BEDROOM WITH FULL BATH & JACUZZI PLUS A BALCONY. UPDATED KITCHEN W/ APPLIANCES. NATURAL FIREPLACE IN LIVING ROOM & COZY BASEMENT. THIRD FLOOR SUITE W/TWO BEDROOMS & FULL BATH. FIRST FLOOR LIBRARY. SECURITY SYSTEM. ALSO FOR LEASE $1,900 ML#29006491

http://addedvaluerealty.idxmedia.net...stnum=29006504

I just thought it interesting, since so many of you lived or visited there.

hey stone how's those beach front concert going rr down LA way??

That's amazing Rick. I don't think those houses right now can sell for anything like those prices, but I don't really know. Maybe David and Roseland should have held on to it. When the area was first "gentrified", GM was it's anchor, now I suppose its the State of Michigan, the Fisher Theatre, Henry Ford Hospital and Channel 56. The New Center is not a bad place to kill a few hours, but I don't think I would like to live there - the surrounding area still seems inhospitable to me.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY FIRST LADY!!!!!

and good luck to Kendra who starts her last round of chemo today....

I'm thinking good thoughts for both of you!

I don't know...something just not quite right about thisAttachment 2816

Kendra's lil' buddy, Jarred [[3yrs old), stopped by yesterday for an ipod game or two. He's going through the same stuff Kendra has been through. I'm going up to UCLA tomorrow for lunch with Peter, and if I'm lucky, I get to visit Kendra. Get out your digital cameras, take a picture of yourself holding a "Hi Kendra" sign, post it here and I'll print copies and take them up to her. She could probably use a little "up" message from her Garwoodian subjects after chemo treatment.

Last edited by stnfrnt; April-17-10 at 08:13 PM.

Here you go Stone..feel a little rough this Afternoon
    Last edited by Whaler; March-18-10 at 09:07 AM.

HI Kendra fog Princess keep up and get better soon We send you lots of Love

CANDY AND PENNY the willie gig starts just as I take off for Canada, But the Band of Horses looks good, they will rock.