Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
So Why is it necessary to provide both public and private paid options,it could be argued that the countries providing that option those who cannot afford the private option are also excluded?

If you are receiving the same level of care,the private option would not exist because everybody would just use the public option that they already pay for in taxes,so they are not only paying for a service that they are not using they are paying an increased cost for the private option.

Canada's system is open to those who pay into it and to those who cannot afford to pay into it.

What is the cost difference between those who pay into It verses the private sector costs compared to the US private sector healthcare?

Private Clinics

In addition to public health care providers such as primary care doctors and hospitals, many private clinics offering specialized services also operate in Canada.
Under federal law, private clinics are not legally allowed to provide services covered by the Canada Health Act. Regardless of this legal issue, many do offer such services.
The advantage of private clinics is that they typically offer services with reduced wait times compared to the public health care system. For example, obtaining an MRI scan in a hospital could require a waiting period of months, whereas it could be obtained much faster in a private clinic.
Private clinics are a subject of controversy, as some feel that their existence unbalances the health care system and favors treatments to those with higher incomes.
Costs in private clinics are usually covered by private insurance policies, which will typically pay around 80% of the costs.

http://www.canadian-healthcare.org/page6.html

That is an obscure and dated website.

Its also misleading at best.

I have no issue showing that except I could spend all my time here disproving the nonsense you dig up.

I have better things to do.

Yes there are some private clinics doing some things, which vary by province, but they are not a material part of the system.

Here, of course I mean private in the for-profit sense or the competes w/the public system sense.

Since as explained repeatedly all medical practice in Canada is private; its just publicly insured/funded.