Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
A lot of restaurants will close. I don't think anyone can dispute that. After social distancing ends people will be reluctant to be in crowds and will have less money to spend. Eventually that will change. It's not only surviving the next 3 months that will be difficult for restaurants it's surviving the slower than normal period after social distancing ends. Being a cheapskate myself, I have no idea how so many high end restaurants operate in a city like Detroit in the best of times. As much as Detroit has had a turnaround, it still has a small downtown/midtown population and a small corporate presence.
Same thoughts. Even before the pandemic began, we already had an oversaturation of restaurants and breweries in Detroit and we were beginning to see the effects of this with several well-known establishments [[such as Gold Cash Gold, Kratwerk, etc) closing their doors.

In addition to people being scared/hesitant to eat at restaurants once things start getting back to normal, I think this situation has forced a lot of people to learn how to cook for themselves [[and those that already knew how will likely have expanded their cooking skills). By the time this is over, many will be in a steady routine of cooking for themselves and feeling the need to eat out much less often.