Hideously sterile.

Quote Originally Posted by briann8 View Post
    Here it is, I think ...

Name:  inter1.jpg
Views: 584
Size:  54.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    Hideously sterile.
    Extremely beautiful. No pasted on ugly historical bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by ndavies View Post
    Extremely beautiful. No pasted on ugly historical bullshit.
    Oh I don't know... nothing says "kitchen" quite like a pair of oversized teak fork and spoon on the wall... and an assortment of copper bundt cake and Jello molds in assorted shapes and sizes...

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    Oh I don't know... nothing says "kitchen" quite like a pair of oversized teak fork and spoon on the wall... and an assortment of copper bundt cake and Jello molds in assorted shapes and sizes...
    lest we forget a fake rooster and faux ivy above the 'artisan' medium tone oak cabinets with crown molding. also a sign saying 'count your blessings' or 'bless this house' somewhere
    Last edited by hybridy; May-13-19 at 01:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hybridy View Post
    lest we forget a fake rooster and faux ivy above the 'artisan' medium tone oak cabinets with crown molding. also a sign saying 'count your blessings' or 'bless this house' somewhere
    My condolences, who died?

Actually, it did in the 60's and that's when this was designed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    Ah... but there must have been some remodeling since....
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8x0s-w_mPu4

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    If the cabinet doors were painted red or black it would be an example of the current rage of a European kitchen,they have also always been into the no appliances protrude past the cabinets.

I have some paperwork from the 1950s when the US Department of Kitchens existed,a government agency that was formed to actually design ergonomic kitchens,the galley kitchen was considered the most efficient.

I also agree it looks sterile,the other one,outside of the popcorn ceiling to me looks nice but overdone to the point of dark and dreary,maybe the choice of wall tile.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    I have some paperwork from the 1950s when the US Department of Kitchens existed,a government agency that was formed to actually design ergonomic kitchens.

Now there's a great use for my tax dollars. I like the kitchen in the first photo. It looks clean, roomy, bright, and looks like you can get in there and whip something up. hybridy's photo looks exactly those complementary kitchens that come with the viewing room @ a funeral home. The only thing missing is the plastic container from Kroger's, with the three month shelf life sandwich rolls. The wax fruit is also a nice touch.
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; May-14-19 at 08:36 AM.