Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
Concrete takes a while to cure. I know for a typical highway project where a new concrete highway is poured [[not just a random concrete patch), the typical curing time is 28 days.

Given that the concrete used in this foundation will bear much greater loads than a highway, I have no idea what cure time is necessary. That being said, I wouldn’t be surprised at all if there is a “waiting period” that must be allowed for the concrete to strengthen before anything can be built on top of the newly installed caissons.
So, I wasn't complaining about the speed of this at all. Quite the contrary. I was remarking that it looks like they are very close to being done with drilling.

BTW, depending on the mix of materials used in the drilled piles, they can be loaded tested as soon as 7 days after the pour. So, vertical construction will be able to start almost immediately.

What has me baffled - and maybe it's not being able to see a close up of the site - is the total lack of pile caps. They've obviously been drilling piles for well over a year now, but I've yet to see a pile cap. Maybe they are under the dust/debris on the site, but usually you see the steel reinforcement poking out, at least. Admittedly, this would all be easier if Bedrock would just do a monthly update on what's going on on the site.