Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Quote Originally Posted by Lorax View Post
    Guess SC voters think using state funds for person use, while denying the extension of unemployment benefits for the people is acceptable behavior?

Goes to show people get the government they deserve.
    You'd be hard-pressed to find anyone in South Carolina these days who is a Mark Sanford fan. In the same speech in Batesburg-Leesville [[a *very* conservative part of the state), Sanford made economic development his THIRD priority for the next 18 months, in the state with the 4th-highest unemployment rate. His strategy for economic development? Not bringing jobs to SC, but "reforming" the Employment Security Commission [[the agency that pays unemployment benefits). It's that whole approach taken by "The Family" on C Street, where following Jesus doesn't mean taking care of the poor, sick, and less fortunate.

And just to show that South Carolina isn't exactly excusing Sanford's ridiculous behavior, I give you Attorney General Henry McMaster:

http://www.thestate.com/breaking/story/900537.html

Lorax Guest

So true- great post.

When the people of SC decide to impeach him, then we'll be seeing democracy a work.

The whole "Family" debacle- it's really just a frat house for the fascist, over-the-hill Jesus freak set.

I wonder if they keep crucifixes over the beds while doing the hookers doggie style?

I really love exposing these cultist for what they really are.

I'm not sure if you saw The Daily Show on Wednesday, but the author of a new book called "The Family" had some very scary stuff to say. I'm inclined to pick up the book, but am horrified that it might warp my innocent little mind. :-)

People like Sanford, Tom Coburn, and Jim DeMint only "believe" in Jesus in that they think they have somehow been given special powers by God to exercise domain over us "idiot" little people. Gee, I'm just sorry I wasn't smart enough to choose to be born to a cardiopulmonary surgeon like Mark Sanford was. I guess God really has it in for me, huh?

I have no idea how people like this even get Vote 1 from the unwashed masses. Sanford hasn't done a damned thing to improve employment or education in South Carolina in the past six years, and the state is hurting for it. At every turn, his ideas consist of cutting taxes and "reforming" government agencies, which is code for "put them under my direct control" [[i.e. the power grab sought by the ilk of the Family).

ccbatson Guest

Agreed [[!!!What!!??) Religion is often used as a crutch to cover up personal or public corruption....see Reverend Jeremiah Wright for a prime example.

Lorax Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ghettopalmetto View Post
    I'm not sure if you saw The Daily Show on Wednesday, but the author of a new book called "The Family" had some very scary stuff to say. I'm inclined to pick up the book, but am horrified that it might warp my innocent little mind. :-)

People like Sanford, Tom Coburn, and Jim DeMint only "believe" in Jesus in that they think they have somehow been given special powers by God to exercise domain over us "idiot" little people. Gee, I'm just sorry I wasn't smart enough to choose to be born to a cardiopulmonary surgeon like Mark Sanford was. I guess God really has it in for me, huh?

I have no idea how people like this even get Vote 1 from the unwashed masses. Sanford hasn't done a damned thing to improve employment or education in South Carolina in the past six years, and the state is hurting for it. At every turn, his ideas consist of cutting taxes and "reforming" government agencies, which is code for "put them under my direct control" [[i.e. the power grab sought by the ilk of the Family).
    This is the dirty little secret in Washington- the Whore House on C Street, know as the headquarters of "The Family" is a fully operational Christian fascist cult based on the divine rights of Rethuglican Cultists over the rest of society. They believe in being appointed by god to change the world in the name of the Corporate Jesus, which they worship at morning "bible study" meetings. Upstairs at the House on C Street, rooms are rented at below market rates to members of congress who are ring leaders within the cult.

In those rooms, many have been screwing the house help, as well as bringing in hookers to bang under the crucifixes mounted above the beds.

I never took Mark Sanford or John Ensign as into kinky goth, by hey, to each his own. It's just a shame they aren't all single, but married with children. These freaks should be jailed on the hipocricy alone.

Read Jeff Sharlett's book, "The Family" and you will be amazed that this group, which sponsors the annual "Prayer Breakfast" to which every president since Eisenhower has attended yearly, was designed to peddle influence to specific invited foreign dictators. But the pathology of the cult goes far beyoned this- it's designed to shelter wicked behavior, much as a frat house of people who are suppose to be thinking adults, not as horny teenagers with a Jesus complex.

ccbatson Guest

A corner of the conservative world that I would prefer were not part of this otherwise noble ideology.

Lorax Guest

I'm surprised.

You don't dispute the facts. I thought for sure you'd say it's a "liberal conspiracy" or some such rot.

Perhaps there's hope for you yet, though I'm not holding my breath!

Quote Originally Posted by ccbatson View Post
    Agreed [[!!!What!!??) Religion is often used as a crutch to cover up personal or public corruption....see Reverend Jeremiah Wright for a prime example.
    ok, jeremiah wright is a whack job, but where is the corruption?

A corner of the conservative world that I would prefer were not part of this otherwise noble ideology.
    These neo-Christians are the main powers behind your entire party, just ask Pat Robertson.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitej72 View Post
    These neo-Christians are the main powers behind your entire party, just ask Pat Robertson.
    You know, I've been wondering how Pat Robertson's diamond mine in Sierra Leone is doing, now that the stones aren't being sold to fund murderous drugged-up boy soldiers who like to amputate people.

ccbatson Guest

Thank G-d you are wrong on that count Detroitej72....Pat who? He is completely irrelevant to all but his fervent followers.

Thank G-d you are wrong on that count Detroitej72....Pat who? He is completely irrelevant to all but his fervent followers.
    If that were the case, why did Palin use his "moral majority" platform on many campaign stops?

Trust me, he may not be the face of the party anymore, but his policies live on very prominently in the Republican platform. Think about how conservatives get their panties in a bunch about abortion and gay marriage, those are two issues they use to whip the troop into a frenzy.

ccbatson Guest

She did? I don't think so. Abortion is immoral regardless of religion, death panels are likewise.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5