Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
O but it does Honky,because I believed in the city enough to buy bonds during the bankruptcy,bonds that were backed by first dibs on collected tax revenue,what do you think happens when that note comes due and the general fund does not have the ability to cover it?

Personaly,I think that the pension funds and retirees and residents have already seen enough pain for the past mistakes,a little fire house in the corner,the gran prix on belle island all of those things contribute to the tax base that effect 700,000 of your fellow citizens.

They may not be the most ideal situations at the moment but they all add up in order to better the city as a whole,once the bleeding is stopped,you can always revisit.

A lot of positive things are happening in the city but there are still a lot of neighborhoods that are feeling the pain and complacency is the killer.

You can be smart about what you are doing and how you are doing it and understand there is a much bigger picture out there.

But hey, no problem,I can mind my own business and not be bothered with it,next time the city has a bond sale just have them tell future investors the same thing,let me know then how that works out.

That water main break in Midtown,that is not just Midtowns problem,every single resident in the city now has to open up thier wallet,no different then if it happened in Corktown,is it better to be able to not only replace the pipe but still have enough to enjoy an evening out or as it is now some will have to forego that evening in lue of a water main replacement,which also degrades quality of life.

Please, Dick, don't tell me what the residents of my neighborhoods are feeling, because you decided to take a chance on doubling your dollars. This isin't a free for all, mow it down and put in whatever, because you might loose a grand, or you want to make 5. People live here, and people have the right to pick what they want and don't want where they live.