Quote Originally Posted by yaktown View Post
Perhaps you could spearhead a campaign for this. I'm sure there are plenty of people that could contribute to the cause.........Oddly enough, their website has no mention of Kahn's residence there. Here's a link to get you started: https://www.michigan.gov/mhc/0,4726,...5980--,00.html
Thank you, I do have that link. What I don't have is the $3,750.00 for a "large" marker, which is presumably like the D.U.L. sign to the left of the front entrance. Who might have the funds, however, is the AIA Detroit, who spoke so glowingly of him shortly before his death, but forgot [[I suppose) to request a marker.

I have, however, written to AIA Detroit regarding this issue and included a link to this discussion for their review. [[I also suggested that Julian might be mentioned therein, as his accomplishments in concrete construction are surely noteworthy.)

I attached an article from the June 26, 1942 Detroit Free Press which mentions an award given to Mr. Kahn during their national convention here in Detroit. [[When was the last time the AIA convened here, I wonder? Anyone know?)

If anyone has other ideas as to who would be interested in this issue, I be most interested in hearing from you.

Name:  AIA Convention Honoring - Detroit_Free_Press_Fri__Jun_26__1942_.jpg
Views: 987
Size:  204.3 KB