Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Where's Lorax?

ccbatson Guest

I just checked his profile, he is listed as a senior member, not banned. I did not lie.

Maybe his computer crashed?

ccbatson Guest

Better get a Mac then.

There has been a Lorax sighting on DY!!!

Welcome back, big fella, we missed your humor and passion.

Lorax Guest

Well hello everyone!

I feel like Hello Dolly all of a sudden! Back where she belongs!

Although I am male, not female, and in fact posted one of my over 20 year old grad photos on a previous thread a while back [[no, the Babs photo is not me in drag!)

I did take some time off, and no, I haven't read the fascist book recommended by Batts, yet, didn't want to ruin my vacation. I will, however, and in the meantime would be interested in finding out his take on Thomm Hartmann's book.

Flattering having a thread named after me, I guess Batts and I are in the same league now.

I am male, not female, ....I did take some time off,
    Do I win anything for being right on both?

Lorax Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    Do I win anything for being right on both?
    Grand Prize.

What that is, I don't know, but it sounds good!

ccbatson Guest

Check out my comments on the thread about Hartmann's book "screwed".

Which book did you agree to read again...it has been a long time.

ccbatson Guest

Since I don't remember, I'll give you a list to choose from. Mark Levin's "Liberty and Tyranny", Dick Morris's "Catastrophe", Folsom's "New deal or Raw Deal", or Michelle Malkin's new book [[I forget the name, and haven't gotten to it yet myself).

ccbatson Guest

Of course, there are the old standards like "Capitalism, the Unknown Ideal", and "The Virtues of Selfishness" by Ayn Rand, or "Objectivism" by Leonard Peikhoff.... that might be the one you originally challenged me with.

For some very dry and informative reading:

The Financial Modernization Act of 1999, also known as the "Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act"

The future collapse of the financial system as we knew it was assured by this gem, which was sponsored by the man chosen by Obama's opponent as his financial adviser.

Lorax Guest

Also loosely known as the "commodities reformation act" which blew open the doors on all those CapitalOne offers you've all been getting in the mail the last 8 years.

It also ended effective regulation on how mortgage backed securities are packaged and resold, thus leading to the housing bubble and eventual collapse of the greed machine known as Wall Street.

ccbatson Guest

A logical extension of another act with the same initials...the CRA [[community reinvestment act). That is the seed of this disaster, and Barney Frank is its' poster child.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2