The point of living in a city is whatever the individual wants it to be. Corporations, on the other hand, are often in it to make a profit. Tell an old person that they can move five bags of groceries through slush with a rolling cart. Target usually provides parking. However, I noticed that Target's downtown Minneapolis store seems to rely on private parking costing $6 on Sundays and other days after 4. My guess is that anyone living halfway between two Targets would consider if one cost $6 more to go to other things being equal. I live near an urban Target that has free parking on the ground level underneath the store. There is an escalator dedicated to moving shopping carts from the shopping level to the ground parking level. Although a good many bus lines go past this Target 50' away, I can't remember seeing anyone getting on a bus with Target bags although there probably are some. Incidentally, I sometimes do walk to that Target .4 miles away with a converted child carrier cart for exercise but not in winter, at night, when I am in a hurry, or in bad weather.