Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyinBrooklyn View Post
    Oh, and all this makes me wonder with Ann Arbor being an-ultra Leftist town: when did the Left become so reactionary and irritable? They used to pride themselves on shaking things up, being different, doing non-conformist things. Along comes a non-conformist building plan and BAM! they're triggered.
    It's awesome how some people politicize everything. [[sarcasm)

Don't paint with such a broad brushstroke a whole side of a political spectrum when it's almost certainly just a tiny minority in Ann Arbor who are opposed to the plan. And whose political ideology you don't know. Could just as easily be Rick and Sue Snyder complaining from their condo around the corner as the imaginary lefties you love to criticize. Keep searching for false pretenses to get your political digs in. It's awesome when people do that too. [[extra sarcasm)

My personal opinion, which doesn't count for any more than Mikey's: I appreciate Ann Arbor's nostalgic historical charm, but no buildings will be demolished and the site is a big surface parking lot across from a transit center, next to the city library. It's hard to find a better location for a tall building. Residences, retail, and hotel rooms will be a big improvement over what's there now. Those are the kinds of things, not parking lots, that belong downtown.
    Last edited by bust; October-19-17 at 09:04 AM.