Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by southen View Post
    http://www.freep.com/story/news/loca...oit/411588001/

This story in no way indicates anything, but it did get me thinking. If Bezos is looking to make an impact there is no better place then Detroit. Amazon could employ a great deal of Detroiters and work to tackle poverty and create a new model for corporate citizens.
    Agree. Folks like Gilbert, Bezos, etc. sometimes have bigger agendas than a quick buck or million or billion...

I think the bottom line is that a number of cities could meet the 'mininum requirements' that Amazon set out.

Hell, if mass transit is an issue, Bezos and Gilbert could pony up 50 - 100M and expand the QLine. Do Jefferson and Michigan Ave. and have a bunch of UofM grads living in Corktown.

It would be such a 'game changer' for Detroit that spending a hundred or two hundred million [[of someone's money, maybe even some of the money Amazon would get) on infrastructure would pay off.

This would be the CROWN JEWEL of Detroit's comeback. IF it were to happen, other corporates would go after other vacant land in the downtown area to be 'where the action is.'

I'm going to sit on the fence here. I'd be happy if Amazon chose either Detroit OR No.Va. If they choose No.Va. it would most likely be in the county I live or maybe a little further out, closer to Dulles Airport.

If it is Detroit, it would probably be the best single day for Detroit maybe in its history.
    Last edited by emu steve; September-08-17 at 12:12 PM.