Quote Originally Posted by EastSider View Post
Why? So that the Retarded Reverend and the other "disabled" grape-throwers could march to Lansing every two minutes? Do you really think Granholm would stand up to that mob of idiots and support true reform?

No, DPS would get "Arthur Blackwell-ed" like Highland Park.

Stop your hand-wringing look enough to realize that Mr. Bobb is NOT THE PROBLEM IN DETROIT! We should be falling over ourselves to let him know this city isn't populated entirely with fuckwad idiots who can't spell their names without help, that there are educated people who want our children to learn in school. He needs to know there is support for him in the community.

My fear is that he won't hear enough thanks from normal people, and Agnes Hitchcock and her idiot ilk will make him throw up his hands and walk away before the job is done.

If that were to happen, Detroit really and truly will be dead.
I don't have any problem with what Mr. Bobb is doing on an educational basis. I welcome it and I have been one of the leading proponents of changing the governance structure on this forum.

Mr. Bobb has defined his job very broadly[[ looks like a state takeover to me) rather than narrowly.

Thats ok as well, to close a school is one thing but I think to tear down a structure of the magnitude of CT more voices need to be heard.

I look at this a little like Tiger stadium, look at the end of the day maybe it needs to come down but I would like to hear a few more voices before it happens. Tiger stadium did at least get a hearing from the community, some trial balloons were put out there , nothing panned out so its coming down. I would at least like for CT to get the same kind of hearing.