Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Unfortunately, bailey, bats has a point. [[GOD it hurt to say that! But give the devil his due...).

Sarah is no longer a public office holder, so what she does or doesn't do doesn't really affect us. Barak is POTUS, so what he does or doesn't do affects all of us directly.

Therefore, Obama is a legitimate political target, while Palin really is not.

Quote Originally Posted by elganned View Post
    Unfortunately, bailey, bats has a point. [[GOD it hurt to say that! But give the devil his due...).

Sarah is no longer a public office holder, so what she does or doesn't do doesn't really affect us. Barack is POTUS, so what he does or doesn't do affects all of us directly.

Therefore, Obama is a legitimate political target, while Palin really is not.
    Of course I was being a smart ass, however, that really isn't what CBats said now was it. He said to STFU until she runs for something. Ok. If that is the plan; BO was elected, he isn't yet running for re-election...let;s at least get to the mid-terms before we say that...so STFU until election season. Good for the goose good for the gander, right?

But, I do see what what you [[and apparently Cbats) are saying, assuming that those not elected or have left their office for one reason or another[[like...quitting with 18 months left in one's first term) you both would have to agree that Bill Clinton is no longer a public office holder thus he too is above critique? Al Gore? I mean that would cut Cbat's posting down considerably if he couldn't rail against Gore or Clinton. They're just private citizens now...just like Palin, right?

I'm just curious why the double standard? This woman is still actively seeking a role in national politics. She is still making public speeches about what national "policy" should be. She is still soliciting money for her PAC. She has stated publicly she will campaign and speak on the behalf of any politician running for office that asks her. Thus, she is still firmly in the public sphere [[just like Clinton and Gore) and completely fair game for criticism.

Quote Originally Posted by HitsvilleUSofA View Post
    So compared to King Obama,
    It never ceases to amaze me all the titles the elitest, fringe right give our president. You guys need to try to think for yourselves and not recite the same tired, played out buzz words that your right wing gods have indoctrinated you to spread.

Quote Originally Posted by bailey View Post
    Of course I was being a smart ass, however, that really isn't what CBats said now was it. He said to STFU until she runs for something. Ok. If that is the plan; BO was elected, he isn't yet running for re-election...let;s at least get to the mid-terms before we say that...so STFU until election season. Good for the goose good for the gander, right?

But, I do see what what you [[and apparently Cbats) are saying, assuming that those not elected or have left their office for one reason or another[[like...quitting with 18 months left in one's first term) you both would have to agree that Bill Clinton is no longer a public office holder thus he too is above critique? Al Gore? I mean that would cut Cbat's posting down considerably if he couldn't rail against Gore or Clinton. They're just private citizens now...just like Palin, right?

I'm just curious why the double standard? This woman is still actively seeking a role in national politics. She is still making public speeches about what national "policy" should be. She is still soliciting money for her PAC. She has stated publicly she will campaign and speak on the behalf of any politician running for office that asks her. Thus, she is still firmly in the public sphere [[just like Clinton and Gore) and completely fair game for criticism.
    Bailey, you aren't really that dense, are you?

As elganned point out, everything that Obama says or does, or doesn't say or do, effects everyone in this country. What Palin says or does, has no real effect on anyone in this country. It's yet to be seen whether or not she will have a future role in national politics, but right now she's out of the political picture and public life. A lot of folks on both sides of the aisle make speeches about what public policy should be, and most are generally ignored because they have little effect.

A former Prez can likely never be a private citizen again, especially if that person injects himself into the political arena, has a large political fund raising machine and is apparently a non-elected and non-appointed US representative to other countries. A former VP has a better chance to fade away. However, when one is consulted by those in power, testifies to Congress in support of or against pending legislation, and otherwise attempts to impose his beliefs on the general public, then he is fair game.

Quote Originally Posted by bailey View Post
    Here's my idea..why don't you let Obama and his administration do what he and they see fit [[within the law) , and in 2012, when you are called upon to vote for president, vote for him...or don't. Then and only then do you need to concern yourself with what the man has been doing.
    Hilarious retort. Context means everything.

Sure, Gingrich, Rush, Levin, Kristol, Tony Perkins, Juan Williams, Krauthammer, Dobbs, Buchanan, Cheney [[both), O'reilly, et al should be disregarded because they have no real affect on the citizens of the United States of America. Got it.

Sarah is no longer a public office holder, so what she does or doesn't do doesn't really affect us.
    Maybe, but she is so entertaining I can't look away
    Last edited by vetalalumni; August-05-09 at 11:45 AM.

Kinda like a train wreck...

Bailey, you aren't really that dense, are you?
    I hope not.. just taking an absurd position to its absurd conclusion.
    ...but right now she's out of the political picture and public life.
    My turn to ask you about denseness... how is someone with a PAC, will [[according to her publicist) make a living writing or on a TV or Radio show about politics and policy, speak to various groups about national political policy? not exactly the things in which a "private citizen" engages in.

Look, she is a public persona until she stops being one. Which she hasn't done. Which she has stated she has no plans of doing. She didn't return to private life.She simply quit her job as Governor.

Well, when she finally starts saying something that someone pays attention to, you can open up with both barrels. Until then, it just sounds petty and spiteful.

Kinda like Hitsville.

I want her to win the next nomination. I hope she does.

ccbatson Guest

Great point...Obama should stay within the law [[the constitution) not side step it or rewrite through lackey proxies in congress.

Kinda like a train wreck...
    Ultimately, I fear, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by ccbatson View Post
    Great point...Obama should stay within the law [[the constitution) not side step it or rewrite through lackey proxies in congress.
    ???Random...???

Did you mis-post this in the wrong thread? How does this relate at all to the topic at hand?

this from a man who lauded dubya's anti-constitutional efforts. oh, and bats, what EXACTLY has Obama done that even verges on not being within the law, and yes, please prove your point for once or just shut the f up

ccbatson Guest

Which anticonstitutional efforts are you referring to Rb?

Which anticonstitutional efforts are you referring to Rb?
    nice try at deflection, Bats, but you failed, yet again, to answer the challenge I laid out to you first

and everyone with a lick of sense knows the answer to YOUR question [[little things like violations of the 4th, 5th and 6th amendments, violations of international treaties, etc.)
    Last edited by rb336; August-07-09 at 08:10 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2