Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    Who's going to shop at those better stores?

Grosse Pointers are scared shitless of Eastland while everyone else who lives near the mall is virtually flat broke.
    I agree the future does not look bright at Eastland. And I get what you're saying. But not all Grosse Pointers are so scared [[and not everyone else is so bad off). My older Grosse Pointe parents still shop at Macy's, Target, and Lowe's every now and then. The other stores they liked have closed. They don't go to Eastland as often as they used to, but they'd go more if the shopping were better. It will be sad to lose it, but that particular Macy's has been sub par for a long while.

My hope is shopping will continue to improve on Kercheval and Mack in Grosse Pointe to help replace it. And on other nearby commercial corridors. And that retail downtown will achieve critical mass. It's clear Gilbert wants to get it there. His plans for the Hudson's site could be a big catalyst. My parents go downtown [[and midtown) a few times a month for cultural activities and would probably be happy to shop there too. I certainly would.

Integrated business districts are so much better than isolated shopping malls anyway.
    Last edited by bust; March-28-17 at 02:18 AM.