Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by ekleezy View Post
    One of the renderings on the website shows people buying fruits and vegetables. Think this might bring some form of an actual grocery store to downtown?
    In the diagram that area is "food and drink". The rendering has signage in it saying "Detroit Market" behind the produce stands.

The renderings might still be conceptual to some degree. There are produce stands but you can see an entrance to the street and there's no checkout counters. But they also don't look like independent farmers market vendors. But it's hard to read too much into renderings like this. The produce is stock photography inserted into the 3d rendering so it's going to be generic, and if it's a grocery store then the grocery store would be responsible for its own design and buildout, so they wouldn't be able to do a rendering of what it'd look like because they wouldn't know.

When I was looking through the renderings and looking at the program diagram my impression was that it would be a glorified food court. Basement food courts are common in downtowns and they attract a lot of people. Or it might be a food court plus a convenience store and other food related businesses [[which I think would be great). Based on what we have seen so far I don't think it's going to be a meijer or a farmers market, although it's possible.

I wouldn't be surprised if Apple and Uniqlo were already lined up to some degree. Apple is Apple and Uniqlo would be a great fit.
    Last edited by Jason; February-22-17 at 10:46 PM.