It is good news that both countries' leadership supports the bridge. The bridge is a essentially a fait accompli at this point. Maroun can slow things by suing over ever single property acquisition, but he can't stop it. It is fully permitted by all necessary governmental agencies on both sides. Further, eminent domain will cause all needed property to fall into the bridge-builders' hands. What Maroun CAN do to delay is sue for more money on each piece he owns, or offers to fund lawsuits on other owners' behalf.

From his point of view, he doesn't expect to ultimately stop it, or win very much money. But every month delayed is an additional month he maintains a monopoly on bridge traffic. He's spending a little now to make more later. I do think he is shooting himself in the foot in the end, because he would still benefit form building a new Ambassador Bridge to replace his deteriorating, antiquated and too-small-for-contemporary-use bridge. If he were playing nice, I think he wouldn't face too much opposition in doing that. But he's making unneeded enemies, particularly in the city of Windsor. I think the real path will be determined when he passes [[he turns 90 this year), and whether or not the next generation cooperates or with civic leaders or not. I have a hunch they will not be as blind, foolish, and litigious as the old man.