Quote Originally Posted by davewindsor View Post
Boy, do I hate living in Canada when I hear this. We already have some of the highest income taxes in Ontario and you guys are significantly reducing yours. The province raised our gas taxes another 16 cents a gallon this year. Your sales tax is just 6% where ours is over 13%. I bought a TV on sale on Black Friday at Walmart for $199 that came to $250 after sales tax and eco fee [[which makes it a 25% sales tax). Ontario has the highest electricity rates in North America. Another 4.3cent/cm tax increase on natural gas. GM announced today they are moving production of the GMC Terrain Denali from Ingersoll to a new $5 Billion dollar plant in Mexico because it's much cheaper [[we already lost Camaro in Oshawa to Lansing, Michigan in November costing 1,000 jobs). In a few years, GM won't have a footprint in Ontario anymore. Whatever is left of our manufacturing is going to be lost to Michigan and Mexico.

Yet, people keep voting for tax and spend liberals in Canada.

WHY?!
How much do you spend on health insurance every year? How much did it cost you to go to college, or send your kids to college?

Health insurance costs a fortune in the US, as does college education.