Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by GPCharles View Post
    I saw Hidden Figures last weekend and liked it. I was appalled by the Jim Crow law signage portrayed in the film.

On thing occurred to me - I had never seen a "White Only" or "Colored Only" sign on a bathroom, drinking fountain, etc. I was born in the early 1950s and never traveled to the south before the late 1960s when I was a teenager. We flew to Florida, so no travel through small towns. Were those types of signs gone by then?

The signs are still around in some small Deep South towns,albeit faded but not removed,there are also small towns that a white person would most definitely not want to be caught in also.

Not sure why you were so appalled by seeing the sign in the film,would you prefer to erase a part of history so future generations cannot see and learn what it was really like and strive to not repeat it?
    Last edited by Richard; January-12-17 at 01:56 PM.