Quote Originally Posted by lpg View Post
Either way we lose..
We talk as if either side is that much different. Trump won on nationalistic promises but if you look at the RNC placing their people in the Trump cabinet you would realize that the Dem light party won. Money will still funnel through the same power structure with possibly some new recipients on the end of the winning government contract.
The Koch brothers have made money along with many religious "non-profits" settling "refugees" into this country. My hope is that practice will be examined and reduced as I don't see it going away. Instead of the "green" businesses getting all the money hopefully some local contracters might win out on infrastructure projects that benefit the general populace. One thing for sure is the consultants need to be whittled down. There is millions of dollars wasted on studies and planning with out one dime being spent on the making of the project itself. All the feasibility studies I've seen for transit in this region doesn't benefit one person in this region unless they work for one of these companies.
Our company hired a nationally know consultant company for a project and all that person did was assemble a timetable of the project and a budget. The department head should of been able to do the budget aspect of that job and the workers could have done the timetable portion. Later during a lean process the same consulting firm came in with suggestions on how to trim the budget. You can bet that it involved less workers and more planners studying how to "Re-think" the job. A year in many departments are re-hiring the workers because the jobs aren't getting done. Consultant made their money though.