Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by TTime View Post
    Ha to answer your question again, I am not a hater. I am simply providing a reality check. Why does the truth bother you so much? Ignore it if you choose, it's that simple but the original question is a loaded one and that article was in the paper this morning and I thought it was relevant because it provided direct evidence to show that the city may not be in a comeback at all. Here go ahead and get even more mad about this article too if you like....http://www.freep.com/story/news/loca...rate/83395596/ ....also in the paper this morning.
    Again, the question at hand is about trends, not absolute comparisons to other cities. Knowing where Detroit stands in this ranking in one given year provides zero "direct evidence" that the city is moving in any direction at all. You can't have a trend without at least two data points and so far you've provided one.

masterblaster was pretty clear in his claims - certain areas around downtown are on an upward trajectory. No one here is arguing that Detroit is not poorer or less filled with retail than other cities in the US. But do you think that the same map, if made in 2010, would have had more red dots than it does today?

Quote Originally Posted by Junjie View Post
    Again, the question at hand is about trends, not absolute comparisons to other cities. Knowing where Detroit stands in this ranking in one given year provides zero "direct evidence" that the city is moving in any direction at all. You can't have a trend without at least two data points and so far you've provided one.

masterblaster was pretty clear in his claims - certain areas around downtown are on an upward trajectory. No one here is arguing that Detroit is not poorer or less filled with retail than other cities in the US. But do you think that the same map, if made in 2010, would have had more red dots than it does today?
    The question was can you name something that makes you feel Detroit is on a comeback. I think the evidence is there that it is not and articles like the ones I included support that claim. If the Tigers finished every season in last place would you buy into a marketing campaign that told you to buy tickets for next season because hey they may have finished in last place baby but the short stop improved his batting average so get on board with your comeback Tigers!
    Last edited by TTime; April-27-16 at 05:00 PM.