Quote Originally Posted by PQZ View Post
Just as I thought. You don't have the stones or wherewithal to make a decision about public policy goals an a limited budget.

Next please.
Haha. I'm just making fun of you.

For starters, we could cancel all catered meetings with police and security honchos at the DAC. Those are useless, in my opinion.

I don't like the idea of using funds to give well-connected business owners a break because they insisted on opening a high-end restaurant [[with too-salty food) to appeal to honchos from GM and city bureaucrats. We need fewer of those restaurants, and the people who run them are often there due to connections, not competence. Letting people skip on paying principal is a very tactful way of giving people free money: $190,000 here, $230,000 there, $140,000 there; a few more and you have a cool mil. As for those places that had their hearts set on pricey dreams? Maybe they should have been more realistic. I notice Cliff Bell's isn't having any problems paying.

Also, I think we could also open up the decision-making process by being more transparent. Bringing the public in on decisions and at least making attempts to be open could invite people to have trust in missions, and could raise badly needed money.

So, yeah, there's a few ideas.