Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

That's because I'm a nerd, Detroitplanner.

Actually, I could get by with torrents and hulu.com if not for Tigers and Pistons being on FSD only. I also like MSNBC, G4, the Discovery networks, FoodTV, Travel, 'rassling, Comedy Central and BBC America. I just think that what they charge is a crime and I'd like to shop around.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPlanner View Post
    Realistically if you live in OP why would you need cable? You should be able to get strong signals from all the major networks.
    Any true sports fan will have cable in order to watch baseball and hockey.

rvtwitty Guest

If you are looking for good places to eat there is Alex's and O'mara's. Both places 12 and Coolidge area in Berkely, not far from Oak Park. Alex's has great hamburgers, casual fare. O'mara's has good steaks and seafood. Entertainment , once in a while folksingers on weekends like Ron Coden and others. Sing alongs, comedy. Late on Saturday night the artsy fartsy types from Royal Oak and elsewhere will hang around the bar. They are quite a bunch of characters.

Thanks but I'm more apt to go into downtown Detroit and Ferndale then to hang out in Berkley and to a lesser degree Royal Oak. Maybe I'll give Berkley another try... The two movie theaters near the new place are Berkley and Southfield.

You have to try the FRONT in berkely if you like bars in detroit and ferndale. Plus
    "amiccis living room" is decent for food and drinks.

I moved right across the street from OP to Huntington Woods a couple months ago [[from Lafayatte Park) and love it. I love the fact that I can still be in a walkable neighborhood and can walk to some local bars/restaurants up the street in downtown berkley. It still feels like the city at least. I live just three blocks south of Eleven Mile so I am close to the border of Berkley and Oak Park. I miss downtown a lot, don't get me wrong. However my gf is a lot less nervous and I don't have to worry as much about safety, although no where is 100% safe. Welcome to the neighborhood.

Been to both the Berkley Front and Amicci's. Both cool places. I also really like J's. It's a dive bar on Coolidge near Catalpa.

Oh. how I loved the loft in Capitol Park. Those were some FUN parties, hm Enduro? Human bowling, anyone?

I am a member of polite society now, I have no idea to what you are referring!

I'm settled in now with cable and internet. I'm getting 1 HD DVR box, 1 SD box and internet for about $90 a month. I'll be calling AT&T eventually to see if they'll better the offer.

I think I'll be bellying up to some of these suggestions when I'm really settled in. Thanks all!

Default we don't get what we pay for

90 % of the stuff on cable is rubbish. Our health insurance companies fight us on every claim. We bail out our banks/mortgage companies and they screw us up and down. The phone companies schtupp us without consequences. Time for the sheep to get off the grid.

Thanks for the advice. I enjoy cable. I hate my insurance. I didn't suppor... Hey. Wait a minute. WTF are you trolling/hijacking about? I'm not interested in your black helicopter chat.

Default Oak Park has a good library

There's this place called a library in Oak Park and they have these things called books that you can [hopefully] read when the cable goes down.

Lorax Guest

Bought in Southfield [[Evergreen & 9 Mile area) in March, and have been restoring the house to it's original 1953 appearance. I have found Oak Park, Ferndale, Berkley, etc, quite nice destinations for all sorts of services from restaurants/bars, small repair shops, even lampshades.

Have to close in some new walls and really could use some ideas on broadband/cable in that area before the finish work is done!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2