Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by Gpwrangler View Post
    Shame on the City for neglecting its own neighborhoods. Its assets should have been seized long ago. If you don't like what Maroun is doing, purchase the property and preserve it yourself.
    Actually I did do that, I bought a handful of properties and lots on the east side that I am currently rehabbing and cleaning up, planting gardens, and opening retail [[and I live in one too)... I am not a billionaire or even a millionaire! But I do think small improvements go a long way, and if I can do some small improvements in the city, then Maroun should be able to do a great deal of improvements too... Instead the opposite is happening, just look at these photos, and this was a stable neighborhood and a far cry from Detroit's neighborhoods, and now it's looking like Detroit there.... I wish Maroun would sell some of his properties, I'd be the first one lining up if the price was right. Problem is he will NEVER sell his property and if he does it will be for millions, or far beyond what it's realistically worth.
    Last edited by Gsgeorge; August-02-15 at 02:05 PM. Reason: words