Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by gvidas View Post
    The Clique on Jefferson @ Rivard is a solid breakfast joint.

Al's Paradise used to do some great breakfast dishes, haven't had breakfast there since the expansion tho. The menu changed a bit.

Grand Trunk used to do a great brunch. Haven't been there in a while either.

Lucy & Ethel's in the Leland is, uh, within your geographic bounds, altho some will quibble about what they serve.
    Grand Trunk Pub still does an excellent brunch on weekends, but they don't open til 11am.

Jacoby's used to do an excellent Sunday brunch, but a few years ago they cut back to only opening if there was a game or event downtown.

Quote Originally Posted by EastsideAl View Post
    That actually seems like a pretty good amount. More than there have been at any time since downtown was the bustling business/shopping/entertainment center of the metro area.
    EastsideAl is right. When I moved downtown in the early 80s, there wasn't much to choose from. The Big Boy was open in the Ren Cen, but service was awful. Back then it was so easy and cheap to hop over to Windsor. I always enjoyed Big Boy for breakfast, so I got into the habit of going to the Big Boy on Ouelette. The service was great and the Canadian dollar was low. The premium I got on my American money was usually enough to cover my tolls.
    Last edited by downtownguy; July-17-15 at 11:08 AM.