Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by detroitsgwenivere View Post
    Ok so lemme get this straight.

We can't party on Belle Isle anymore, or a local park for that matter because they are supposed to be "family friendly" [[whatever THAT means). Can't go to the riverfront without a thousand cops hanging around harassing people. Can't drag race or park and hang [[like at Chandler park). Can't take your dog to the park with your people without getting it shot. Can't let you or your kids walk down the street with more than 2 friends or it constitutes a gang. Can't smoke weed anywhere in a neighborhood with a nosey neighbor or you might lose all of your valuables to police theft, otherwise known as forfeiture. Can't hang out in any establishment after 2am that has alcohol or you might lose your car to forfeiture. Got rid of the Halloween spot, check. Getting rid of John's Carpet House, check.

So in other words, I can't be a grown person, hanging out with other grown persons, doing grown people shit in places other than my house or my block. So lets force all of the people who like to do anything other than ride their bike with their helmet on, sit at church on sun morn or wait in line at Slow's to congregate in places that are perceived as safe enough to be the last resort. Our block.

And now we want to go after that as well. Tell me, why the fuck did I move to Detroit again?
    Oh my gosh, it's starting to feel like a real city where laws are actually enforced. Perhaps you moved to Detroit for all the wrong reasons? Stop flagrantly smoking weed, stop drag racing, stop staying out till 5 am and do something meaningful for you and your community. Perhaps you do, but you didn't highlight them here with this waste of a post.

I've heard the same bitching over the past 3-5 years, especially with the Belle Isle takover. UHHHHHH....HELLO! This is what living in a functional city looks like. You couldn't get away with this stuff in Chicago, New York, or Toronto. It still happens there, sure, but there's an actual police force waiting for you and now that's becoming a reality here.
    Last edited by dtowncitylover; June-30-15 at 09:38 AM.