Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

This article basically discusses a lot of points familiar to folks on this forum.

But, one point I think was very interesting, important, but not totally surprising:

“M-1 is not the only factor, but it is one of the big ones, why banks will finance my projects,” Landy said.

So M-1 has the side benefit of encouraging banks to lend to projects near the M-1 route.

Banks look for viability for these projects and they perceive a project near Woodward with M-1 as being more viable then without M-1.

And that, of course, is what the community leaders, etc. have been saying: M-1 will have a substantial effect on development along that Woodward corridor and more development is a plus for the entire development. Kind of like critical mass. More and more projects solidify the entire neighborhood.

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/new...rail/29084473/
    Last edited by emu steve; June-22-15 at 04:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by emu steve View Post
    This article basically discusses a lot of points familiar to folks on this forum.

But, one point I think was very interesting, important, but not totally surprising:

“M-1 is not the only factor, but it is one of the big ones, why banks will finance my projects,” Landy said.

So M-1 has the side benefit of encouraging banks to lend to projects near the M-1 route.

Banks look for viability for these projects and they perceive a project near Woodward with M-1 as being more viable then without M-1.

And that, of course, is what the community leaders, etc. have been saying: M-1 will have a substantial effect on development along that Woodward corridor and more development is a plus for the entire development. Kind of like critical mass. More and more projects solidify the entire neighborhood.

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/new...rail/29084473/
    So. Help me understand better. If we start calling it the Choochoo train to nowhere one more time, will the banks be scared by this comment and disapprove loans in the corridor? Detroit needs and deserves this and more. It will drive investment in the future enough so that the suburbs will cry for it.