Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by bailey View Post
    I'm not sure I'd want to have the only, or one of few single family houses on the block after this gets built either. Seems like its street wall is going to go: SF Victorian/apartment block/old SF Victorian/B&B Victorian/lofts. Not all of those old places have been made into B&B's or multi families right?

Not at all downvoting the development. but as some of the long time residents are pointing out in the follow up articles on this....its not the "complementary" concept they were led to believe was coming. It's a historic district. Seems like it's not being very attuned to that with these designs.
    What bothers me is the timetable. Let me explain.

The guy from Gilbertville [[guess I've got hooked on a Dannyism), said that the drawings are really only concept drawings. Some bland drawings maybe used the architects for another project. The only thing it is really trying to show is the presence of buildings, streets, etc.

That said, if they are going to do say carriage homes, the architects better be working overtime getting things ready to present to the community and city council in the next couple weeks so they can comment and in the council's case, vote.

Quote Originally Posted by emu steve View Post
    What bothers me is the timetable. Let me explain.

The guy from Gilbertville [[guess I've got hooked on a Dannyism), said that the drawings are really only concept drawings. Some bland drawings maybe used the architects for another project. The only thing it is really trying to show is the presence of buildings, streets, etc.

That said, if they are going to do say carriage homes, the architects better be working overtime getting things ready to present to the community and city council in the next couple weeks so they can comment and in the council's case, vote.
    Why can't they work on it leisurely? Are you assuming they haven't started? They may very well be 80% done. Or hell even 95% done. You have no idea, so why are you "bothered"?

Quote Originally Posted by detmsp View Post
    Why can't they work on it leisurely? Are you assuming they haven't started? They may very well be 80% done. Or hell even 95% done. You have no idea, so why are you "bothered"?
    I don't know. Maybe you are right. Maybe they decided not to 'show their hand' and will have full fledged drawings in two weeks for the community and the city council.

Maybe they didn't want to have a 'design debate' yesterday and the simplest way is not to show the actual renderings.

That said, the Gilbert spokesman really wasn't prepared to answer questions on the design. He just threw something out about maybe carriage homes [[this was during the webcast) and said the design wasn't done. Seemed unable to make a statement about the number of apartment units and how many town or carriage homes.