Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Thread: City living

Threaded View

The original poster asked for the reasons why people don't live in the city, I gave them to you. They are all valid issues.

I lived in the city for 10 years. I left the city due to a city real estate deal gone bad. If you want to know about the deal search the archives. I lost over $100,00 cash in the deal and almost had to go bankrupt.

Now that I've recovered from that mess, I'm looking to move back. I will move back when the right opportunity presents itself. I'm looking for something very special.

I am single with no children. I can afford the added costs. I can accept the added risks for myself. Most of the people I know who lived downtown when I did have left. Most have started families and left for the cheaper and safer suburbs. Some have great jobs in other parts of the country.

And I was going to add insurance costs. When I lived in the city, My cars lived at my Monroe house while I lived downtown. My insurance agent suggested this solution after we priced out Detroit insurance. He knew I was keeping My Monroe house.
    Last edited by ndavies; March-15-15 at 07:00 PM.