Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Threaded View

I really don't see enough potential demand on the near-term horizon for office space so that we would be likely see any big investment in tall office buildings anytime soon [[absent the "ego factor" mentioned above). In fact, it may just be that the day of big office building and dense office-based workspaces is slowly drawing to a close. The rise of personal technology seems to be making them much less important and necessary, and I already know of several fields [[including my own) where they have become the exception rather than the norm.

However, I think there is a lot of potential for new residential construction in the city, including high rises. I like Southen's idea of creating more residential space along Washington Blvd. And I really like Dtowncitylover's idea of a residential corridor on East Jefferson, which is an area that been gaining amenities and seems perfectly situated and already primed for such development.
    Last edited by EastsideAl; March-06-15 at 03:29 PM.