Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 9 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by FlyOnTheWall View Post
    Yeap.... I get it. You love to play the race card. You mix up a bunch of stuff that was written by you and me without IDing who said what to whom to make my words sound racist. Just for your information, I made absolutely no comments about race. Me thinks that if one of us is a racist it is you.

BTW I don't care if the dead beats pumping out babies to be payed for by taxpayers are white or black or any other color. I just don't like paying for some other guys kids. Get it! What ever the color matters not at all to me. I just don't like deadbeats. And I hate being expected to pay for 'em
    Your so blatant its obvious.

Foreclosures in Detroit -$700 million in uncollected taxes post #34

Yep still a very racist comment when you read what exactly you wrote.

You are aware that the whole "playing the race card" thing is a expression widely used by....Racists right?

Quote Originally Posted by ABetterDetroit View Post
    Your so blatant its obvious.

Foreclosures in Detroit -$700 million in uncollected taxes post #34
    Post #34 is no post of mine. $700 million in uncollected taxes. Whatever, it is only a thousand dollars for each person in Detroit. No big deal!

Yep still a very racist comment when you read what exactly you wrote.
    You are the one that brought up race. My comment was only about behavior. Nothing about race unless you think that that behavior is more prevalent among blacks. Believe me, it isn't but you won't see me supporting deadbeats of any color.

You are aware that the whole "playing the race card" thing is a expression widely used by....Racists right?
    LOL Oh WOW... You have come up with another "Code Word" that only racist use. Pretty soon if I say "The sky is blue" that will also be a racist remark. Bahh. Will you leave any words for me to speak????.

BTW You probably missed this as I did a addition to my last post. I'll re post it for you.

There was a single black mother from Detroit that I'd love to meet just to compliment her. This mother was abandoned by her mate and left with two small boys. She could neither read nor write and used welfare for a while but then worked herself off. She raised her boys to become productive members of society. My hat goes off for this lady. Her name? Sonya Copeland. She herself isn't well known but one of her kids are.

Why do I respect her so much. She didn't just set on welfare and give up. She took the bull by the horns and made both herself and her boys productive members of society.

This mother I really respect as she got it. Do you???

Quote Originally Posted by FlyOnTheWall View Post

BTW I don't care if the dead beats pumping out babies to be payed for by taxpayers are white or black or any other color. I just don't like paying for some other guys kids. Get it! What ever the color matters not at all to me. I just don't like deadbeats. And I hate being expected to pay for 'em.
    A real humanitarian you are Fly on the wall. Take it out on the kids because it's all their fault. Got it!

A real humanitarian you are Fly on the wall. Take it out on the kids because it's all their fault. Got it!
    Doesn't it make you sad that all that hatred is directed at detroit. We work with area kids all the time. Many families struggle but I don't know anyone pumping babies.

This Sunday is a free Turkey giveaway sponsored by private funds which we and some neighbors go to. to give to area families in need. Guess I am a bum too huh? They also have hats and gloves for kids '
    My husband and I get social security [[which we paid into) boy we must be burdens on society too. Damn we grew older.I have zero tolerance for people who don't understand that families sometimes face challenges.

Quote Originally Posted by sumas View Post
    Doesn't it make you sad that all that hatred is directed at detroit. We work with area kids all the time. Many families struggle but I don't know anyone pumping babies.

This Sunday is a free Turkey giveaway sponsored by private funds which we and some neighbors go to. to give to area families in need. Guess I am a bum too huh? They also have hats and gloves for kids '
    My husband and I get social security [[which we paid into) boy we must be burdens on society too. Damn we grew older.I have zero tolerance for people who don't understand that families sometimes face challenges.
    I agree. On certain subjects, this site is getting to be damn near untolerable anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by sumas View Post

Every thread is always about you. Look at me, I give turkey away, I walked in the dark crying etc.. Stop it already.

Listening to Detroit Today on WDET this morning on the drive back home...and was slightly aghast that four of Detroit's journalists had no idea whether this has been resolved or not, even after it was reported that the mayor was watching it closely at the end of last week.

I drove by from the Detroit side on Kercheval, and could clearly see the main barn remaining smack dab in the middle of the street. There are now large wooden 'planter' boxes...maybe eight of 'em...added to the cement berms they put up after that SUV plowed through it a few months ago.

Plus...they put up a bunch of huge Christmas trees. Exactly the message they needed to send the city...merry fucking xmas, look at the trees we can afford to kill. And water while they wither...

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    Listening to Detroit Today on WDET this morning on the drive back home...and was slightly aghast that four of Detroit's journalists had no idea whether this has been resolved or not, even after it was reported that the mayor was watching it closely at the end of last week.

I drove by from the Detroit side on Kercheval, and could clearly see the main barn remaining smack dab in the middle of the street. There are now large wooden 'planter' boxes...maybe eight of 'em...added to the cement berms they put up after that SUV plowed through it a few months ago.

Plus...they put up a bunch of huge Christmas trees. Exactly the message they needed to send the city...merry fucking xmas, look at the trees we can afford to kill. And water while they wither...
    The Mayor going full Coleman Young on Friday allegedly destroyed whatever was left of a cooperative spirit and conciliatory tone from GP on this project. IF certain players with a big pile of fuck you money get their way, the barns are getting replaced with the building that was originally planned. Don't worry though, one "lane" will still pass through it. Whether or not it would allow anything larger than a prius is another question.

If detroit can drop a Chrylser plant across Kercheval in Detroit, why can't Grosse Pointe drop an office building across it in GP?
    Last edited by bailey; December-15-14 at 10:37 AM.

This thread is proof that the race radicals remain locked in the 1970s, still fighting against street closures as if this were proof of racism by GP.

Great progress has been made on race relations. Thus, Sharpton wannabes are trying oh-so-hard to make this into a racial issue, when sometimes a berm is just a berm.

Racial healing is impeded by finding racism in every action.

MAcc Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post
    This thread is proof that the race radicals remain locked in the 1970s, still fighting against street closures as if this were proof of racism by GP.
    Those 60s and 70s radicals all work for DPS, WSU, WCCCD and your churches. They get off on radicalizing kids. Detroit politicians have gotten reelected stoking the race tension for 40 years. You can't possibly expect them to stop that gravy train.

Quote Originally Posted by bailey View Post
    If detroit can drop a Chrylser plant across Kercheval in Detroit, why can't Grosse Pointe drop an office building across it in GP?
    Because dozens of other properties both residential and industrial were demolished to make way for that plant in addition to numerous other roads blocked including Kercheval. GPP is only focused on one road. How is that in anyway equivalent?
    Last edited by animatedmartian; December-15-14 at 11:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MAcc View Post
    Those 60s and 70s radicals all work for DPS, WSU, WCCCD and your churches. They get off on radicalizing kids. Detroit politicians have gotten reelected stoking the race tension for 40 years. You can't possibly expect them to stop that gravy train.
    And the most ironic part is that this part of town has plenty of ethnic and economic diversity, it's just on the "evil" side, aka GPP. The Detroit side has no diversity and is almost entirely poor African American, and is uniformly a place where the few remaining households are trying to get out, but no matter, gotta stick to the script...

Quote Originally Posted by animatedmartian View Post
    Because dozens of other properties both residential and industrial were demolished to make way for that plant in addition to numerous other roads blocked including Kercheval. GPP is only focused on one road. How is that in anyway equivalent?
    How does the scale make it any different? Detroit decided Kercheval, a "road that ran that route for close to 100 years", didn't need to run through there any more. Why can't GP make the same decision a few blocks away?
    Last edited by bailey; December-15-14 at 12:25 PM.

How does the scale make it any different? Detroit decided Kercheval, a "road that ran that route for close to 100 years", didn't need to run through there any more. Why can't GP make the same decision a few blocks away?
    Because scale makes it different. At the time, there weren't many other areas within Detroit for Chrysler to put in a factory that big, not at least without demolishing whole neighborhoods. How big is this office building GPP has planned? Bigger than any of the parking lots on any corridor in GPP? At most, this office building could have taken up a few houses if it wasn't across the road. Unless it's some huge corporation moving into GPP, the apparent value of that office building doesn't seem more valuable than a public right of way. Chrysler is a multinational corporation that pays millions in taxes to the city of Detroit through their plant and draws in thousands of workers and if Detroit didn't allow them to block Kercheval, this plant would have likely been built elsewhere outside of the city and the city would have taken an overall loss. So what if GPP can't do the same thing? They don't lose anything either way.

The Mayor going full Coleman Young on Friday allegedly destroyed whatever was left of a cooperative spirit and conciliatory tone from GP on this project.
    Damn right it did. I knew it wouldn't take long for the new mayor to start talking liberal. He must've fixed all of his own shit. If actual residents of GP actually had a say in this matter it would turn out differently. Hell, it still might. We might not have room to sit in our own city's meetings but we can call and make our opinions known.

I was disgusted to see News 4 trolling around Kercheval Saturday morning looking to stir shit up. Guess the media doesn't have enough stories to follow in Detroit.

Quote Originally Posted by Gpwrangler View Post
    Damn right it did. I knew it wouldn't take long for the new mayor to start talking liberal. He must've fixed all of his own shit. If actual residents of GP actually had a say in this matter it would turn out differently. Hell, it still might. We might not have room to sit in our own city's meetings but we can call and make our opinions known.

I was disgusted to see News 4 trolling around Kercheval Saturday morning looking to stir shit up. Guess the media doesn't have enough stories to follow in Detroit.
    I agree with you. Last time I checked, Dug-in has enough crap to worry about in our town before trying to resolve the Home Depot farm barns in GP. Seriously. Our area's been without street lights going on 8 years now, but our taxes are paid. Cars get hysted every night. A wire breaks and half the City's without power. Worry about your own damn house, Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by MAcc View Post
    Those 60s and 70s radicals all work for DPS, WSU, WCCCD and your churches. They get off on radicalizing kids. Detroit politicians have gotten reelected stoking the race tension for 40feel years. You can't possibly expect them to stop that gravy train.
    I raise this because if we are truly to 'solve' race relations, we have to stop letting the radicals run the show.

Race relations and police brutality have both shown absolutely amazing progress, IMO. I didn't say we've achieved perfection, just made amazing progress. But that story isn't being told.

We look at Ferguson, NYC, or Cleveland and we see examples of failure. Cases where the situation led to a terrible conclusion.

Is following Bill Di Blasio following Al Sharpton's lead and attacking his own police force helping? Does it help race relations to tell black NY that they should fear their own police force, just like he does? I don't think so. I think in fact this harms race relations.

Quote Originally Posted by animatedmartian View Post
    Because scale makes it different. At the time, there weren't many other areas within Detroit for Chrysler to put in a factory that big, not at least without demolishing whole neighborhoods. How big is this office building GPP has planned? Bigger than any of the parking lots on any corridor in GPP? At most, this office building could have taken up a few houses if it wasn't across the road. Unless it's some huge corporation moving into GPP, the apparent value of that office building doesn't seem more valuable than a public right of way. Chrysler is a multinational corporation that pays millions in taxes to the city of Detroit through their plant and draws in thousands of workers and if Detroit didn't allow them to block Kercheval, this plant would have likely been built elsewhere outside of the city and the city would have taken an overall loss. So what if GPP can't do the same thing? They don't lose anything either way.
    End of the day, Detroit decided that dropping a factory across Kercheval was good for business for Detroit.... why can't GP make that same decision?

End of the day, Detroit decided that dropping a factory across Kercheval was good for business for Detroit.... why can't GP make that same decision?
    Because it has a negligible effect on GP. As in blocking the road doesn't benefit or hurt GP.

There's also the weird logic of how constructing an office building is supposed to "prevent" the spread of decline. Wouldn't an office building directly adjacent to Detroit be less desirable than one built farther in GPP?

Quote Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post
    Every thread is always about you. Look at me, I give turkey away, I walked in the dark crying etc.. Stop it already.
    Me Me Me Me me Me me. That is soooo right. YOU must know me! Please expound on any thing YOU do for community. I am not doing bragging rights but YOU critisize me for being a part of a community that has worked hard to stay stable. Hey, YOU know me better.

All YOU do is detract from anyone that does what YOU don't.

Give me your address or more likely YOUR PO boxx I will deliver a turkey to YOU. YOU deserve one!

Seems to me this thread is more about YOU and YOUR small opinions. Glorifying YOURSELF by detractinrg others instead of an open mind to counter oppinions.

Frankly pumpkin, all you ever do is critisiism against proponents of Detroit. You are a stellar person indeed! Have at me, I defend myself against idiots, the wonder why bother to ignore ignorance

I share experiences, you share narrow opinions.
    Last edited by sumas; December-15-14 at 05:11 PM.

Gannon, iit is sad and pathetic!

Also Gannon you got a wonderful compliment from Canuck.[[Not on line).
    Last edited by sumas; December-15-14 at 04:43 PM.

As I've made so painstakingly clear on previous threads: Acknowledging the problem is part of the healing. Far too many folks over-cope, instead of incisively looking into the situation. To just say "C'mon were better than those times now that we have a Trojan-horse President just as conservative as the powers in office during the '80s" or to say "that was in the past" is a cop-out [[seems conservative folks were so willing to look into the past when it comes to digging up the validity of a candidate's citizenship or how they want to "take back America" for some convoluted perspective of Restorationism). Also, to say "C'mon let's heal" is a tin-halo shtick when the defendant [[or apologist) is pressed by the one's who call them out on an offense. Detroit has had it's fair share of issues that most born and raised would humbly admit is the case; however, the media and the suburbs have swarmed and picked at Detroit like red ants on a beetle lying on it's back for a continuous long time. I still recall well up into the late '90s, none of us would watch the news, as it would always be the same slam stories about Detroit or constant updated rehashes of the same 'Black-involved" crime cases within the city. Sometime in the 2000's the media started to include more suburban crimes [[which many suburbanites have always assured me were just as prevalent as the crimes in the city) occurrences, but it didn't take too long before they slipped back into their old ways....
    The suburbs were born out of racism-not folks looking to get some fresh, clean country air and wide open space. I've listed the many tactics used by suburban and corporate efforts, and it's the painstaking efforts of those who watch the devil in the details and record and keep this continuing problem from being scrubbed the way Germans remained ignorant during [[yes, I will say it) the Nazi regime. Not more than five years ago, when thoughts of opening a Walmarts in Livonia occurred, the initial consternation coming from the citizens in Livonia were clear and undeniable racist words. Of course, as more reports from the media came in, the racist part was scrubbed with people in townhalls blustering and huffing all around the elephant they knew they couldn't address in public. Well, they got a Walmarts now, and it's no where near as bad as the one on Ford Rd. and Southfield [[having been to close to two dozen of them in my travels, that does rank in the top two worst ones out there, along with Hartford, CT.).
    It's the efforts of those folks who focused [[with no genuine reward and incentive-despite the assumed "delegatory self-funding to fight a problem issue" which could be leveled at any government organization or charity or group fighting an illness or what have you.) their lives to speak out and keep us vigilant during a more activist time in the '70s that made things better. Is that something we should remove, and who are the mentalities who'd like to do exactly that? What do they have to gain? Why is it I see the exact same user names popping up, swarming in on these issues [[yes, why is it these particular issues-what is it about these topics that get you guys so noticeably prominent and pulling in in formation here?) and spewing out-of-context, spurious perspectives [[if not personal attacks or character assassinations) with little evidence to back things up. Not just as a historian, I have gathered news and experiences well even into the present time [[as folks will see with my exhaustive posts) that will provide proof that racism and an unjust system still very much exist. Yet, I see no one dares touch what deluges I set before everyone. Do I have to grab at a larger gestalt? Do I have to show examples from ALL over to draw towards the central point? Do I have to drag religion [[like the history of J. Frank Norris?) into it? I have nothing to gain but keeping an ugly, creeping, homogenous meatball at bay.
    Last edited by G-DDT; December-15-14 at 05:56 PM.

...Plus...they put up a bunch of huge Christmas trees. Exactly the message they needed to send the city...merry fucking xmas, look at the trees we can afford to kill. And water while they wither...
    GPP shouldn't celebrate Christmas because it might make Detroit residents focus on their pathetic plight? Maybe you could start a campaign to disassemble all the GPP homes of the 1% and give the wood to the poor in Detroit to warm themselves against the bitter cold?

That's something to consider. There is not one street light along Pontchatrain from six to seven mile. I almost had a wreck making a curve around there this weekend. Yes, Detroit must prioritize in re. what needs to be addressed in our communities as well as this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    I agree with you. Last time I checked, Dug-in has enough crap to worry about in our town before trying to resolve the Home Depot farm barns in GP. Seriously. Our area's been without street lights going on 8 years now, but our taxes are paid. Cars get hysted every night. A wire breaks and half the City's without power. Worry about your own damn house, Mike.

DetroitBoy Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    That's something to consider. There is not one street light along Pontchatrain from six to seven mile. I almost had a wreck making a curve around there this weekend. Yes, Detroit must prioritize in re. what needs to be addressed in our communities as well as this issue.
    It isn't as if Mayor Mike is taking time off from being on his cherry picker where he's installing the lights himself to address this problem. As usual, Ghetto Pointe Park is trying to put a different spin on reality while attempting to pull a fast one on Mayor Mike. He's not the type of guy they can bamboozle. He's an attorney with friends in high places who will make them keep their agreement in both word and spirit. That's why he made it clear to Fox News he was tired of the 'lying' from GPP. He's a guy who chooses his words very carefully so he meant what he said. In case you never saw it, there was actually a document signed by Detroit and GPP on this issue in August. Here it is:
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 9 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast