Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

anonJD Guest

Quote Originally Posted by southen View Post
    if someone invests that kind of coin downtown it only helps gilbert. he's getting ready to drop a couple 100 million on the hudson's site, he doesn't need this building.
    People have been saying that for five years. Stop parroting the propaganda that's not based on any reality. There is no where near the demand in downtown Detroit needed to justify $100M+ in new commercial or residential. Best case scenario: Hudson's site could be developed in 10 years. In other words, I wouldn't recommend holding your breath.
    Last edited by anonJD; November-05-14 at 05:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by anonJD View Post
    People have been saying that for five years. Stop parroting the propaganda that's not based on any reality. There is no where near the demand in downtown Detroit needed to justify $100M+ in new commercial or residential. Best case scenario: Hudson's site could be developed in 10 years. In other words, I wouldn't recommend holding your breath.
    people have been saying that since gilbert put out a design competition and hired a world class architecture firm to design a building... as for housing demand that has been proven to exist with actual numbers... and how many of Gilbert's buildings are sitting empty currently?

not surprised by the post though, everything I've seen you post has been ignorance or trolling.

$100M in residential development isn't much--that would be less than 1000 units, which I think could be absorbed pretty easily, although a lot depends upon price points. I don't know that I would expect that at the Hudson's site though, which seems more likely to be largely commercial, especially given that Gilbert has not done much in the way of residential space.

It depends if Gilbert cares about making money on the deal. The entire Hudson's project strikes me as a vanity project for him. I don' t mean that in a negative way either... I mean he seems to want an edifice of his own. Sometimes economics don't win out in those decisions. couple that with his general "build it and they will come" philosophy... it might not be that out of the realm of possibility. But that is entirely speculative on my part.
    Last edited by bailey; February-19-15 at 11:32 AM.