Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by thatonegirl View Post
    I'm 16, I live in Arizona. I'm currently planning to move from Flagstaff, AZ to Detroit, MI. My home situation is good and not unhealthy my any means. The way it sits with me, and the way I process it toxic. I can't explain it, so you can contact me if you would like to know more of my story. I'm dropping the plans I had for my life that have been in place for about 2 years, and abandoning the way I live. It's going to hurt and it's going to suck and it's going to be hard, but I know and feel that in the end, everything will be alright.
    When I turn 18, I want to move out on my own. Go to Wayne University, and hustle; earn a life for myself. I'm going to remain in contact with my family, of course, but the distance will help. I have no family west of The Rocky Mountains, that I'm aware of. I'll pretty much be alone. If you have any resources, tips anything at all that could help, I would appreciate it if you could contact me. It would be really great, if those in the area [[of Detroit) could help, and give me specific resources and advice.
    I know its not very professional, but for now I'm not telling my parents. I want to be prepared and educated when I drop the ball, so I have to argue less and have less to prove. Thanks in advance, to all of you!!!
    Is there a particular reason why you've chosen Detroit? Had you considered other places? When you say you plan to hustle what exactly do you mean? Why are you keeping your plans from your parents? What kind of resources and advice are you looking for?
    Last edited by FormerDetroiter; September-25-14 at 08:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FormerDetroiter View Post
    Is there a particular reason why you've chosen Detroit? Had you considered other places? When you say you plan to hustle what exactly do you mean? Why are you keeping your plans from your parents? What kind of resources and advice are you looking for?
    I have considered St. Louis, and Portland. I chose Detroit because it will be a new "world", I've lived in L.A so I understand fast-paced city life. Also, because between my 3 choices it is the least expensive. By hustle I mean do anything I need to support myself, as long as it is legal. I guess it just means if I need to have 5 jobs, I'll do it. I do plan on telling them, but I want to be educated and be able to present pretty solid plans to them. To prove I can do this.
    For now I'm just seeking pretty general things because I still have a year and a half. I guess I do want to know how jobs are. Is it easy to get them, most popular jobs, minimum wage. Those types of things. Thanks, for your help!!!