Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPlanner View Post
    Bitter?? Who me? Nah I am not bitter that all of the schools I went to are closed. I am not even bitter that I cannot walk or ride a bike to the corner store for fear of being robbed.

Nope, not me.
    You should be.

I can certainly empathize with DetroitPlanner I have lived in a Detroit where we never locked doors to a home where we have dogs and are alarmed and armed.

Just am not bitter, everything evolves. My elementary school was converted to a charter, my high school demolished but rebuilt, my undergrad college at WSU was eliminated for cost purposes but amusing is that they are trying to resurrect it years later.

The influx of kids is so refreshing. I have spent years of my time as a community activist. It is refreshing to see the influx of youth with vision and purpose to carry on. The energy is refreshing.

Quote Originally Posted by sumas View Post
    I can certainly empathize with DetroitPlanner I have lived in a Detroit where we never locked doors "to" a home where we have dogs and are alarmed and armed.

Just am not bitter, everything evolves.
    I was just thinking that if I follow your time line that instead of evolving it looks to be more of de-volving.

Detroit is certainly different now. What you fail to understand is amazing transformations. There is reality and future reality. Being that this is Detroit Yes, I would bank on a better future.

One odd comment though...as a community we are vigilant and improving. I support a woman's right to wear what she wants but there is also common sense .

A tall lean yuppie was jogging in daisy dukes and a strapless bikini top and I don't think that is too smart.

Quote Originally Posted by sumas
    I can certainly empathize with DetroitPlanner I have lived in a Detroit where we never locked doors to a home where we have dogs and are alarmed and armed.

Just am not bitter, everything evolves.

Do you ever stop to ask yourself, "Why?" There are dozens of big, diverse urban cities you could move to in this country where you wouldn't need to go through with those precautions. Locking your door is one thing. Guard dogs and guns? Life shouldn't be that way.

Quote Originally Posted by nain rouge View Post
    Do you ever stop to ask yourself, "Why?" There are dozens of big, diverse urban cities you could move to in this country where you wouldn't need to go through with those precautions. Locking your door is one thing. Guard dogs and guns? Life shouldn't be that way.
    [/COLOR]
    Of course you are right. Citizens work every day to restore a safe city. Never needed to use a gun and probably would not. I feel very safe. Great neighbors and vigilant neighbors make that possible. My neighborhood is awesome. We have had our strife but keep moving forward. My dogs are fantastic and well trained. You are right, life should not be that way.

But what makes you think Detroiters' do not want that life style again.