Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Threaded View

Default I beleive "underlandment"

Quote Originally Posted by TMR View Post
    I bet part of the freeze-thaw problem is mostly because of bad underlandment under road.If it was planned and implemented properly the problem would most likely be lessened greatly.Look at the real bad roads and you'll see those are ones that have been neglected or over patched.Hense water can get underneath between underlandment and road.Correct me if I'm wrong.
    If underlandment is a legitimate term in paving I am in agreement.

There is a complex I'm in a lot that has acres of parking lot. It was built in a rush. The asphalt is heaving like I have not seen before. There are sections one after the other that you must hang on tight or you will lose control of the car. It has the appearance of ocean swells and feels like it.

It's been so cold that the salt has not liquified the ice and snow. It has made a greasy slush.
    Last edited by Dan Wesson; February-08-14 at 10:18 AM.