Quote Originally Posted by ghettopalmetto View Post
Of course, you conveniently ignore the dozens of transit projects that get completed on time, under budget, and with higher-than-projected ridership. You also ignore numerous highway projects that come in late and over budget, most notably, Boston's Central Artery/Tunnel project.

We get it. You're an idealogue.
I have never said that I am not an ideologue. But I am not anti-transit. I am for reasonable and responsible spending of our limited transit resources. Hugely expensive pie-in-the-sky plans with price tags in the billions would never be merited by the ridership they would have in Detroit. Of course, these discussions are academic because there is no real chance that we'll have have a massive transit system centered on a majestic and jewel-encrusted Michigan Central Station. If we want more people to have access to good public transportation, the best way to do that is to have a SE Michigan network of clean, modern, safe, on time buses, coordinated with limited rail [[M1 Rail, possibly Detroit-Ann Arbor rail, People Mover) and BRT service. Nice stations & bus shelters, well placed stops. That is achievable. And it would benefit a great many people.

But, I understand. Living in a pretend world can be fun. When I'm on my way home in my flying car, I'll be thinking about how I would rather be riding the solar-powered subway from Flint to Windsor.

P.S. I am not for wasteful spending on road projects either. There just aren't a lot of threads here demanding ridiculous road projects. And ghettopalmetto, please provide the list of big transit projects that are on time and under budget. I am truly not aware of them. If they are out there, let's hire the people that ran them! And the "bad news" examples I cited above did not need to be searched out. They were all in the news in the last week or so.