Quote Originally Posted by iheartthed View Post
This guy doesn't need a parody. The shit that comes out of his mouth is entertainment enough!

http://deadlinedetroit.com/articles/...n#.Ut6J3hAo6M8
With regard to the 'reservation comment', his 1989 quote was far less inflammatory than his restatement of it 2013...

When the New Yorker's Paige Williams interviewed Patterson in late 2013 for the story that was published Monday, he brought up a strange analogy to an Indian reservation when she asked him how Detroit might fix its financial problems.

Patterson said: "I made a prediction a long time ago, and it's come to pass. I said, 'What we're going to do is turn Detroit into an Indian reservation, where we herd all the Indians into the city, build a fence around it, an then throw in the blankets and corn.'"

In 1989, when Chafets asked about the quality of life for Detroiters, "Patterson looked at me as I were simpleminded," Chafets wrote.

"It's like the Indians on the reservation," he said. "Those who can will leave Detroit. Those who can't will get blankets and food from the government men in the city."