Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Aw common people... stop this silliness... for crying out loud...

There's more to Oakland County than just Cranbrook!!

When you start getting apoplectic over Patterson [[who is a pompous ass... agreed!)... you start going stupid about Oakland County architecture and scenery...

Lest we forget there are MANY beautiful areas there... for every Auburn Hills and Clarkston... there's historic Franklin or Rochester... the scenic drives along Kirkway or Orchard Lake... the beauty of Shrine of the Little Flower, Kirk In The Hills, or Christ Church Cranbrook.... the nice homes along the winding roads among the lake district or the rolling hills around Meadowbrooke Hall, the Woodward cooridor south of Pontiac with some of the nicest housing stock in metro Detroit... that are very much reminiscent of that along Outer Drive in Detroit.

So let's not throw the proverbial baby out with the bathwater...

Just like Detroit... there's a lot of nice areas among the shitty ones... so lets not go there via this herd mentality....
    Last edited by Gistok; January-20-14 at 03:55 PM.

Boy, HE is getting worse than the late Orville Hubbard! It's a Native American reservation, not "Indian." A few curry shops would Help Detroit. And I don't want to think about the racial name he must use for those currently living in the D. I'm surprised he didn't tell his children to "pack heat" going to the Joe [[privately, he probably Did.) He started out as a prosecutor, and doesn't even have the sense to wear a seatbelt.

That's L.B. Patterson being L.B. Patterson. A racist bigot!

That Great Guy Guest

The expanded I-75 freeway will be named the Brooks Patterson Memorial Freeway.

Why are we not going after Brooks for supporting this while Detroit is broke? It does not seem very fare for Oakland County to get all that money when they can just dig just a little deeper in their pockets, if they want bigger roads.

Quote Originally Posted by That Great Guy View Post
    The expanded I-75 freeway will be named the Brooks Patterson Memorial Freeway.

Why are we not going after Brooks for supporting this while Detroit is broke? It does not seem very fare for Oakland County to get all that money when they can just dig just a little deeper in their pockets, if they want bigger roads.

Because a widened I-75 costs his county nothing, and will jump-start the Oakland County Sprawl Machine that Brooks loves so much.

That Great Guy Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ghettopalmetto View Post
    Because a widened I-75 costs his county nothing, and will jump-start the Oakland County Sprawl Machine that Brooks loves so much.
    That is exactly my point. The City of Detroit is part of Oakland County as the same city. So, if Detroit pays for that big freeway then they too should benefit or it should not be built until they do or if taxes and tolls and user fees are raised first.

I don't think big mansions and new malls in Oxford and Lake Orion will fix anything. So, Brooks should pay for the freeway from County taxes or increased State taxes to repair roads and support community transit, in my opinion. He is not doing that, just like the leaders in Livonia who don't care about Detroit.

One Livonia City Council member even stated that Redford is an important barrier to protect his city. Oakland County and Brooks have failed because they have not taken care of 8 Mile Road. And that is a fact.
    Last edited by That Great Guy; January-23-14 at 06:23 AM.