Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitnerd View Post
    I appreciate, Gistok, that you're doing your bit to hold up your end of the debate here, but these are really mild arguments against rail-based transit -- that it is sometimes impeded by ice and snow. I mean, I was driving my manual at about seven mile per hour yesterday for an hour to get home on roads caked with ice, wondering if I was going to die. And I had no choice but to do so. Is having the option of rail-based transit so awful? I guess that's what it comes down to: Give people a choice!
    You have ton of choice. 1) don't live so far from your job in the suburbs. 2) move to a city with transit and ditch the car 3) move to a place where it never snows. 4) work from home/take a vacation day during a once a generation weather event

I mean, you act as if the lack of a rail option is some new thing here. Its been half a century. M-1 going in isn't going to solve your problem either so long as you don't live and work on the only 2.5 miles of rail track that is going to be laid here for the foreseeable future.

And you seem to think that a street running, in traffic "rail" line is going to be immune from the effects of this extreme storm.
    Last edited by bailey; January-08-14 at 03:11 PM.