Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
As far as DDOT goes, MD's actions seemed a bit radical to me. How much of the transportation issues were actually the DDOT's chief's fault?
I'd be willing to bet he had some inside insight here.

City officials, appointees, and hangers-on have been crying broke and lack of resources as excuses for as long as I can remember. DDOT has been basically non-functioning for several years now, despite alleged right-sizing through cutting routes and services. As in virtually ever situation in real life the buck has to stop with someone instead just giving someone's auntie or cousin a pass for "We're doing the best we can."

I'm equally glad the ball-busting has finally been brought to the offices instead of the rank-and-file workers.

I missed our recycling day because it was actually on time. I have had zero issues cruising around the city. My trash was picked up. It's wildly early, but keep it up, Mr. Mayor. I will be here for at least 6 months.

It's also a stark contrast in intelligence and effectiveness to the same old alleged allies of the people who are telling the newspapers to go to hell.