Quote Originally Posted by Chungs View Post
I recently came across this article about Almond Boneless Chicken. I guess there was some thought that it might be a Michigan original.

http://zesterdaily.com/cuisine-video...eless-chicken/
Definitely a very interesting article. Thanks for the link. It made me want to go out and get some almond chicken immediately [[which I'm resisting, until at least... tomorrow). I so well remember the taste of that dish from your family's restaurant, as well as some old time east side Chinese restaurants like the Pekin Pavilion [[the original one, on Jefferson near Townsend, with the enclosed booths), and the White Sun down by my grandmother's house on Chalmers.

As much as I love actual, authentic Chinese cuisine, I still have a soft spot for some of the delicious Americanized Chinese food of my youth, like almond boneless chicken. I never knew that this dish was basically local to this part of the country, until I moved to the east coast for several years and could never find the stuff. I would see something similar on menus, and order it, only to be disappointed time and again.