Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnny5 View Post
    As mentioned earlier the severity of this storm must really depend on where in Metro Detroit you are located. I was out late last night and even the main roads out this way were barely passable unless you had 4 wheel drive. "Getting up a little earlier" would not have made any difference for those in cars or 2wd trucks. I just got a call from my mail carrier and they are not even delivering today to most areas in Milford Township. I work from my home and rely on my daily mail pickup and I can not remember this happening in the last 10 years. The company that plows my drive has been here 3 times in 24 hours and if it snows again I have no idea where they will push the snow!

Out this way I would venture to say this is one of the most [[If not the most) significant snow storms we have had since the storm of 1999. The biggest threat now will be the record low temps and high winds they are calling for tonight and tomorrow. Salt does not work at all when the temps get this low, and if one were to become stranded exposure to the elements would be a serious concern.
    Eh, I'm being cranky [[its the same group of people....every.damn.time) But you're sort of making my point re: those my rant was directed toward [[ and I understand I'm ranting) You live in an exurban sprawl/semi rural-ish area. on a good day that is probably a 45 minute commute downtown. It snowed a lot, I understand that, and I understand things will be delayed, but people need to learn to deal with it. It's not the apocalypse every time we have a snow event.

And if it is a huge problem for your toyota tercel to navigate Michigan roads in the winter from your home in Lake Orion to your job in downtown detroit... perhaps evaluate your choices. ... rant over.

side note: we had to have been hit with at least 8-9 inches in GP and the streets and sidewalks were both plowed by the city [[at least the ones I saw) overnight and the biggest issue I had was getting rid of the pile of snow at my driveway's apron from the multiple overnight passes by the plows.
    Last edited by bailey; January-06-14 at 12:12 PM.