Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
aren't you the guy who works for a suburban company? a company that makes a large part of its revenue off the exploitation of women and young gay men? A firm with one of the poorest workplace retention rates? Aren't you in the management of that firm?

Now, I'm sure there are all sorts of good reasons to promote businesses that exploit women, I can't think of any right now, but I have to believe there must be some hungry single mothers who can't wait to launch their pole dancing careers, and they must thank you every evening for that opportunity. So I can understand how you feel you have the right, if not the responsibility, to take Mr. Gilbert to task for bringing his firms to the city.

I would even bet he would thank you himself for providing such a stellar example.
Not only is that ad hominem, even if it weren't it wouldn't be relevant to the discussion. What? Am I supposed to choke on those words and feel the creeping fear of being "outed" on a message board? Am I supposed to cry, "Nooooo!" and spin around in my office chair until I vanish in a poof of pixie dust? My career has never been distinguished enough to throw on the betting pile, and it still isn't. You must rate me some eminence that I do not grant myself. That's generous, Gnome, but not at all called for.

Also, since you have to veer so far off course that you're in MY grill now and not discussing the wisdom of tax abatement as civic development policy, I'll presume my points are so rock-solid you had to resort to some new tack. Thanks for the implied compliment, buddy.