Quote Originally Posted by Thruster315 View Post
I'm curious though- out of those twelve picks, how many of those went through his receivers' hands or were tipped by the receivers into the happy arms of the defenders? I'm not at all against blaming some of those picks on Stafford but I'm not going to be blinded by the sheer number either. Let's pin the ones where he misread the schemed and placed it right into the defender's gut as to being his fault.
This game shows why Schwartz is a bad coach.

You have a seven point lead against team whose offense is doing nothing along with your QB having "confidence" issues. A coach who sees the big picture would have run the ball tree times and, if that did not get a first down, punt it back. That way, Stafford's fragile mental state would still have the TD pass and two point pass to dwell on. To compound the problem, Schwartz, after letting Stafford wrongly be aggressive with a seven point lead, decides to go conservative with 28 seconds on the clock, thus kind of telling Stafford "you suck.

Stafford has definitely regressed but feel some of that is on Schwartz. The QB position has a huge mental component.

The diatribe with the fans will end the Schwartz era. The Ford family don't like that.

Too bad WCF is so fond of skill position oriented offenses.

The day the Lions dedicate themselves to a power running offense that relies on a strong armed QB beating safeties cheating up combined with a defense that hurts an offense is the day SOL is retired.

The Lions have a foundation to do this. But knowing WCF, I doubt that will happen.

He ought to watch how the SF49'ers win games.