Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
P69rrh51, it's rather odd how GPF went about acquiring the 8 houses that they razed along Moross. They bought the 8th one away from Mack and razed it, thus pressuring the 7 closer houses to sell... only to not have a plan for the parcel. Then the empty parcel got bigger with the purchase/razing of Krogers. So for a city with no plans... they sure are being methodical about it...
From what I've heard, the first plan was to get rid of the janky sears and that run down kroger... and then in the early 00s it was going to be Sunrise type facility in it's place. But then two sunrises went in on Mack. Then the idea was to do a more assisted/semi independent senior living... .then the Children's home of Detroit site did that large development. Then the idea was to do a Fitness/rec center/Senior center for the Farms like the Park did... then the Neighborhood club released it's plans and the SOC finalized its plans for the old Nurse's residence behind Cottage. Of course all this going on during the great recession.

Then, allegedly, there was a proposal for LA or Lifetime fitness to build a large gym... but the blue hairs had a hissy fit over the thought of a 24 hour or extended hour gym. So, it's across the street in the St Johns parking lot.

I think now they are just going to make the green space larger and expand the dog park area and the soccer fields [[which has another group of blue hairs upset because of the "noise" of the parks). I guess I'm fine with green-space as again, allegedly/local gossip, the only "real" proposals were for stand alone fast food or bank branch and those [[thankfully) have been rejected out of hand.