Quote Originally Posted by michimoby View Post
I see dozens of available rental units in Midtown/Downtown/Corktown on Craigslist, rb.

I think the big question that remains unanswered is the stickiness of downtown residents. I know several individuals that made the move downtown and, after a year, are choosing to move back out to the suburbs. They haven't found it worth the additional money or [[in some cases) inconvenience. That happens everywhere, but we need not forget that there's still an outflow of population from the city center.
I've lived downtown and Lafayette Park since last September and I have yet to meet a person who moved out of downtown because they didn't like it, inconvenience, etc. I've only met one person who even moved out and that was due to work transfer. Obviously, this is only anecdotal and I'm sure everyone has different experiences.

I'd be interested to see the "outflow of population" from the city center. Almost every apartment building in downtown is full and rents are skyrocketing. Personally, I've met at least 15-20 people that have moved downtown in my year and know only one who has stayed.