Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Mark- you seem to be dying to know, but I'm not about to tell. These families cherish their privacy.

That explains why you have no clue how much they're worth.

But there are three families that I know personally on those lists that are worth north of $2 billion each.

Quote Originally Posted by middetres View Post
    Mark- you seem to be dying to know, but I'm not about to tell. These families cherish their privacy.

That explains why you have no clue how much they're worth.

But there are three families that I know personally on those lists that are worth north of $2 billion each.

Notwithstanding these claims, billionaire families don't hide in plain sight. You realize people pay taxes on capital gains, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Bham1982 View Post
    Notwithstanding these claims, billionaire families don't hide in plain sight. You realize people pay taxes on capital gains, right?
    I never knew tax information was public on capital gains. Can you show me the billionaire list.

Quote Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post
    I never knew tax information was public on capital gains. Can you show me the billionaire list.
    What is the point of this statement?

I never said there was a public website indicating taxes paid by household; I said that billionaires don't hide in plain sight, because their assets are subject to taxation. There are likely no "hidden billionaires". You can't even park your assets in tax shelters anymore. Places like Switzerland and the Caymans have disclosure agreements with the U.S., so unless you're burying cash in the back yard, good luck on anonymity.

I never said there was a public website indicating taxes paid by household; I said that billionaires don't hide in plain sight, because their assets are subject to taxation. There are likely no "hidden billionaires". You can't even park your assets in tax shelters anymore. Places like Switzerland and the Caymans have disclosure agreements with the U.S., so unless you're burying cash in the back yard, good luck on anonymity.
    No, most billionaires are known to the IRS and to their brokerage houses. They live quietly and do not flaunt their wealth. All rich people are not like Donald Trump. They will drive a Caddy, Mercedes, or Bimmer and not a Ferrari or Rolls-Royce. Their house will be secluded and set back from the road.

Because you're still implying that the public knows all the billionaires out there. The IRS is not the public nor is your private banker. Their are people out there that have more money than Bill Gates and we have no clue who they are.

Because you're still implying that the public knows all the billionaires out there. The IRS is not the public nor is your private banker. Their are people out there that have more money than Bill Gates and we have no clue who they are.
    I don't think there are unknown people richer than Bill Gates, but I do think that people with 8 and 9 figure wealth are there who pass quietly under the radar. They just don't want to call attention to themselves by "living large".

bbvh

You're free to your opinions, as odd as they may be. If you really think people bury billions of dollars in their back yard, then go with that. In the real world, people with that kind of money have it parked somewhere, and regulatory agencies can track capital flows. Even drug kingpins and global rogues have estimated net worths with some degree of certainty.

Quote Originally Posted by mark.vandorn View Post
    If they're on that list they're not private. If I spent my life here I'd be more familiar with the names. Further, finding out more accurate net worths is just a few mouse clicks away. But go ahead and cherish what you think is some super secret information.
    Time to get lost Troll!