Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Take a look at the new Gilbert parking structure, it's nearly complete and I don't even think it's been a year.

I've got way more faith in Gilbert than the yahoos that bought the Silverdome and did NOTHING that they promised.

Gilbert hasn't let us down yet. Every building he buys gets renovated and then gets jobs stuffed into it.

Quote Originally Posted by 48307 View Post
    Take a look at the new Gilbert parking structure, it's nearly complete and I don't even think it's been a year.

I've got way more faith in Gilbert than the yahoos that bought the Silverdome and did NOTHING that they promised.

Gilbert hasn't let us down yet. Every building he buys gets renovated and then gets jobs stuffed into it.
    Not to mention A-POPs [[love that) crappy record managing the Penobscott, parking-happy plans for the historic State Bank property, and relative mis-use of the Silverdome. Gilbert is on the opposite end of the spectrum. He buys something, and has a plan, and wastes no time moving forward with those plans. I'd imagine this might take a bit longer to develop, being by far the largest scale undertaking, but who knows? It's kinda on the periphery to be a large scale housing development... pretty far afield of Campus Martius and other destinations [[other than Greektown)...

YAY Gilbert!

Buy the land NOW! Gilbertown Detroit is growing faster than I expected within 2 years.